RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-04-2020, 10:39 AM   #1
tamobhuuta

PTSD

My sister has complex PTSD. Is there anything your family or friends do for you that helps? Day to day, during flashbacks, panic attacks? Sometimes she can't speak so she can't say what she needs.

Ying tong iddle ai po!

tamobhuuta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2020, 11:42 PM   #2
Fire Fly
Feel free to be yourself

I am currently:

I have complex ptsd.

They have explained it to me in a basic that complex ptsd is ptsd + emotional difficulties (eupd traits)due to the trauma. So people whose mood fluctuate a lot usually around teams anniversary.

Some people get diagnosed with ptsd first usually until they understand the serverity if the symptoms your showing g as well as the trauma I involved and if co-moribund health concerns (like mental or physical health etc...)

I have found those sad lamps help me with my mood and nightmares. There’s antidepressants that heals and the therapies you need to fight for from day 1 are: trauma focused cbt and emdr). Those on the mhs answer few London mental health trust have the team.

Therapies take ages to get onto a queue the earlier the better. One of the queues I once waited 19 months because I literally screamed (probabsly meant I was Kabila in mood when they had said 3 months and not 19).

Take care of ypurawlf as well. Is she omay

Ballerina123 - My lovely superstar

Call me R -

The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time - Abraham Lincoln

Fire Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2020, 08:35 AM   #3
tamobhuuta

Thanks for your reply. My sister was given the complex label when it meant more than one trauma. She's been assessed for EUPD and doesn't have significant traits. Is there anything I can do as her sister? Anything I should or shouldn't say?

Ying tong iddle ai po!

tamobhuuta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2020, 09:55 PM   #4
Auror.
Camden

I don't have PTSD but I think you'd need to ask her what she finds helpful or not. Especially when she's not in the moment or in crisis, maybe she can work on figuring out what she would like for you or someone else to do if she is panicking or having a flashback.

I am non verbal a lot (not due to PTSD) so I find having a way to communicate via typing or writing very helpful. Again not because of PTSD but if I am really struggling I find simple things easier to respond to, such as yes/no or very basic questions. So if she's in the moment, you could ask something like, would you like a blanket, or would you like a cup of tea, or the lights off, etc., versus asking something like, "how can I help?" and hopefully if those are things that are pre-planned, that would be even better.

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

You can't always keep it separate.
This is happening, this is part of you.

Auror. is online now   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)