RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 21-03-2021, 07:57 PM   #1
Koala hugs

I am currently:
Severe anger issues help n advice needed

Hi what do u do when u get angry like really angry I知 at breaking point and there痴 no anger management courses running in my area at all not in the whole county. I don稚 know what to do I知 lashing out verbally at my friends I知 hurting them I used to just self harm when angry but now I知 trying not to do that so much I知 really struggling I知 scared of who I知 turning into this isn稚 the person I want to be I have reached the end of my tether now really just wondering what u guys do when angry like that and if u have any tips to cope with it

Koala hugs is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 21-03-2021, 08:08 PM   #2
nonperson

I am currently:

I have had bouts of anger where I throw stuff around to get it out of my system. Soft stuff like pillows though.

Or could you do some vigorous exercise? Go for a sprint as fast as you can. I know people sometimes scream into pillows or scribble really furiously.

Ultimately though you need to work out what it is that is making you so angry.

nonperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2021, 08:15 PM   #3
Koala hugs

I am currently:

Thanks for replying I’m gonna work on figuring it all out it’s been a while since I screamed into pillows I cud try that now

Koala hugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2021, 07:31 AM   #4
Greyscale
Chat Mod

I don't experience this personally so I don't have any real advice that I can vouch for but some things I've heard are what np suggested above, another thing I've heard is throwing ice cubes at an outdoor wall or your shower wall.

Additionally and you may have already tried this so apologies if so, but I would assume there's anger management workbooks or similar that you could buy online? I know it's not the same as a group but might be worth a shot if you haven't tried it.

Greyscale is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)