RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 21-03-2021, 02:28 AM   #1
pigeon

Positive recovery post - It's worth it.

Hey, all.

I just got a 'happy birthday' email from RYL. I turn 30 tomorrow. I joined this site in 2007 (eek!) as a distraught, struggling teen. I won't lie- between SI, an ED, depression/anxiety, and domestic abuse, the 14 years between joining and now haven't been easy. I never once thought that I would live to see 30, but here we are. It's been such an emotional week as I near this milestone towards a future that I never thought I'd have, but there's something new in my heart, now- hope.

It isn't fast, it isn't simple, and it isn't easy, but recovering your life is worth it. YOU are worth it. Day by day, week by week, month by month, year by year, keep fighting. Please keep fighting. One day you will realize that maybe it isn't so bad anymore, that you smiled a few times, and that you're feeling just a little bit better. It might take until 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, or beyond, but life is for learning, and life is for living. Hang in there, everyone. I am sending each and every one of you more love than I can express. You can do it.

pigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2021, 10:06 AM   #2
nonperson

I am currently:

Happy birthday and well done for getting to this milestone. =)

nonperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 11:47 PM   #3
PeachyGirl

That's fantastic! I originally joined back in I think 2006, I'm now 32, and I agree - it does get better! This post makes me happy, thank you for sharing!

PeachyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 10:29 PM   #4
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Wonderful to read, well done on everything you have achieved and thank you so much for sharing your story here :)

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)