Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 11-05-2020, 03:39 AM   #1
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:
Losing weight and lockdown

Copied and pasted from my r/v

I must be the only person who has lost weight during lockdown. Because I have lost weight. Dont know exactly how much because I havent weighed myself but I reckon at least X amount. All I know is that I am in a size smaller knickers wise than I usually am. I havent done anything BED (am in recovery from bed and have history of restricting) or restricting behaviour wise but I am confused why.

Can anyone shed any light why? If anything I have been doing less exercise than usual so it's not that. I have had a blood test done in February and everything came back normal so I doubt that anything physical is the cause. I am not on any medication with weight loss as a side effect - if anything I am on antipsychotic drugs which has weight gain as a side effect!

Last edited by not_so_insig : 11-05-2020 at 03:57 AM.

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

not_so_insig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 08:28 AM   #2
chinahorse

I am currently:

Normal body weight fluctuates. And maybe stress has something to do with it? Clothing is also an unreliable measure as different brands can be the same size but use different measurements etc.

If its not a large difference and doesnt become a sustained trend I wouldnt worry too much. Keep an eye and if in a few months the trend continues see your gp.

Oh and this is my opinion only, ifyoure hugely underweight to start with obviously this is a worry and you need to act sooner.

Given enough tea I could rule the world.

chinahorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 10:13 AM   #3
nonperson

I am currently:

Are you eating less to make your supplies last longer? I know while I was off work in isolation for a month that is definitely what I found myself doing.

nonperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 01:06 PM   #4
not_so_insig

I am currently:

Thanks everyone.

Lillie I am not underweight but the opposite - I am overweight. But the knickers I tried were from the same company as I usually wear.

Nonperson I am actually not sure if I am eating less as I dont pay much attention to how much I am eating unless I am engaging in ed behaviours. If anything I have plenty of food as I tend to hoard food which apparently is typical for someone with bed. So it's not a case of trying to conserve supplies.

I guess I will just keep an eye on it and if it continues then see a gp once lockdown is over. Do you think it's worth mentioning it to my cpn when I see her next even though she's a mh nurse and not an ed one?

Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic

Old 11-05-2020, 05:27 PM   #5
Auror.
Camden

I think you could mention it if you are concerned, that way they also know to check in about it in the future.

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

You can't always keep it separate.
This is happening, this is part of you.

Auror. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 06:02 PM   #6
not_so_insig

I am currently:

Thanks Camden.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)