RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 28-09-2016, 02:01 PM   #1
damocles23

I am currently:
Recurring dreams of suicide

I've been dreaming about the ocean and drowning in it. The worst part is that it's always warm, quiet and dark and I'm happy in it. I don't know if I should give in. I feel like that everyone doesn't really need me. Sure, they would be sad but they would move on. I think that maybe I'm a burden for people, a living crutch.

damocles23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 10:01 PM   #2
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Feeling like people don't really need you and that you're a burden is quite a common symptom of depression but that doesn't make it true! Even when it doesn't feel like it, people would miss you forever. Sure, they would eventually find a way to get through things, but the grief would never truly leave you.

My sister's friend's brother, who I'd never even met committed suicide over ten years ago and I still think of him occasionally and will never forget the grief in his mother's eyes as she gave a monetary award at our school prize-giving to a student going to study what she believed her son would have liked to study. If his death can touch me, as someone who only vaguely knew his sister, then the grief felt by those who actually knew him must be unimaginable. I truly believe that no matter how isolated someone may feel, there will be people changed forever by that person not being around anymore.

I'm not saying that you should just feel OK because there are people who care about you, but I would really try to challenge that belief that people don't really need you.

Are you able to seek support, either from friends, family or professionals about these feelings?

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 10:10 PM   #3
talaiporia
Chat Mod

I am currently:

Recurring dreams tend to be more symbolic than of something that will really happen - like drowning represents the feeling of not coping, drowning in life. (For instance, I have a recurring dream of being in a terrorist attack, but that's not going to happen, and it's not a conscious fear)

Do you want to talk about what's making you so unhappy?

It doesn't matter where you come from; it matters where you go.
No-one gets remembered for the things they didn't do.
We won't all be here this time next year,
so while you can take a picture of us.
We're definitely going to hell,
but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

talaiporia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 07:57 PM   #4
damocles23

I am currently:

Well, I costantly have panic attacks as of recently. I fear I'm starting to become unable to function with people. I have a crush on a girl that it's so well adjusted that makes me look like a complete fuck up...

damocles23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 11:49 AM   #5
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Are you able to try relaxation and breathing techniques for panic attacks? I'd really recommend seeing a doctor about them, if you're not already receiving help.

Has anything change to make you feel like you're not able to function with people?

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)