RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 30-09-2020, 03:49 AM   #1
lilyespererx
Images capture emotions- hearts capture souls.

I am currently:
Hi, all!

Good evening! This is more of a reintroduction, as I used to be quite active on RYL as a teen. It has been six (!!!!) years since I logged on and RYL crossed my mind today. Not sure how many will read this, but I have changed quite a lot in those past six years. Where to start?

I have not self harmed in over six years. At one time, this seemed nearly impossible.
I completed a bachelor's degree in social work and am applying to (hopefully) begin an MSW degree next fall.
I currently work with folks who are dually diagnosed and live with both mental health struggles and substance use. I bring lived experience and often find that my empathy with others is heightened because of this.
I am married (Jesus H. Christ...) and just celebrated my 6th anniversary. 3rd marriage anniversary.

I still struggle with depression and anxiety. I still see a therapist with whom I have an unbelievably strong rapport and who continues to support me in my recovery and all of its ups and downs.

I hope that anyone who is reading this that feels as if a life worth living or a future at all feels only like a fever dream find some small bit of hope in what I've shared here. I hope to become active again here, as I do think I am needing and looking for social support from peers in a formerly familiar place.

Please be well and may you find some peace today.

With much love,

E.

A certain darkness is needed to see the stars.

lilyespererx is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 30-09-2020, 12:33 PM   #2
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

Welcome back, I hope you find it helpful being back here and you get what you need from here. Well done with all your achievements. It's always good to hear of people moving forward. Take care.

I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

Don't try to calm the storm, calm yourself, the storm will pass.

You didn't come this far just to come this far.

one_step_closer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 11:16 AM   #3
yoyogirl

I am currently:

Hey and welcome back to R Y L

Have you ever confused a dream with life? Or stolen something when you have the cash? Have you ever been blue? Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it was the 60's. Or maybe I was just a girl... interrupted.
I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside. I tried groups, didn't work out just made my depression a lot worse.

yoyogirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)