RYL Forums

Forum Jump

Old 01-10-2016, 07:43 PM   #1
xxmoonxraverxx
Lilli, 18, Florida

I am currently:
Sexual Health - hey, need some input on a problem with menstruation`

so i may have pmdd, which is premenstrual dysphoric disorder, it basically makes you "extra" during that time of the month. and i'm type one diabetic, and my blood sugars get all whacked out the day my period starts until it ends. so like,,, would birth control help with this?

X X X X

|-/

Old 01-10-2016, 09:03 PM   #2
Iamcatbug
Cat

I think this is something you need to discuss with a medical professional to be honest.

Old 02-10-2016, 08:53 PM   #3
Ballerina123
XXX

I am currently:

If you have a diabetic nurse it would be good to discuss this with her to learn to stabilise your blood sugar during this time.

The sexual health clinic would also be able to advise you as they were very good with me when I was being treated with seizure medication and some birth control wasn't appropriate for me. My sister also went there as she has an autoimmune disorder and some contraception isn't appropriate for her either. I have found that the sexual health team are very knowledgeable about and both control that is appropriate while also suffering other illnesses.

It's very important you manage your blood sugars well. Type 1 diabetes can be devastating if not managed well, so it would be good information for you to know. And finding a way to keep your blood sugars stable could also help with your mood and general wellbing x

The average,
well-adjusted adult
gets up at 7.30am feeling just plain terrible.

Call me Kate.

I have dyslexia so please excuse my poor spelling and sometimes poor understanding.

Old 03-10-2016, 12:43 PM   #4
xxmoonxraverxx
Lilli, 18, Florida

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballerina123 View Post
If you have a diabetic nurse it would be good to discuss this with her to learn to stabilise your blood sugar during this time.

The sexual health clinic would also be able to advise you as they were very good with me when I was being treated with seizure medication and some birth control wasn't appropriate for me. My sister also went there as she has an autoimmune disorder and some contraception isn't appropriate for her either. I have found that the sexual health team are very knowledgeable about and both control that is appropriate while also suffering other illnesses.

It's very important you manage your blood sugars well. Type 1 diabetes can be devastating if not managed well, so it would be good information for you to know. And finding a way to keep your blood sugars stable could also help with your mood and general wellbing x
thanks and yeah especially in the mornings, since i'm already more sensitive to any carbs i have in the morning for breakfast, i can wake up around 300 and quickly spike to 500 after.... only a little bit of carbs.

X X X X

|-/

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)