Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 24-07-2021, 01:00 PM   #101
The Worst Witch

I am currently:

I think its CPNs that run it, the woman I talked to was the facilitator of the group. I think it will probably help, I need help identifying my emotions and reducing their intensity so I can focus on other things. I also need some ideas on what to do when the feelings are intense, because although hiding is a legit thing to do, sometimes it makes things worse.

As far as trauma counselling goes, I've found a few charities in my area that provide free counselling for people who have been abused. I've sent an email to one of them, but I'm not expecting to hear anything back until Monday. You do have to make a small contribution every week to the running of the charity and stuff, but I'm happy to do that. It'd be cheaper than going private.

Woman I spoke to yesterday said that there was a 3 month waiting list for the group but that she'd try and get me into one asap. Even if I do have to wait 3 months, that gives me time to submit the last bits for college for graduating in October. I'm starting to get really excited; in a few months, I'll have what I've wanted for going on 10 years.

The Worst Witch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2021, 07:31 PM   #102
Auror.
Aurors for the win.

Unsure of good words but I do want to say I think that's the first positive future related thing I've seen you post in a little bit and proud of you for that!

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

You can't always keep it separate.
This is happening, this is part of you.

Auror. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2021, 04:10 PM   #103
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Well done on being nearly there with college :)

And I'm pleased there seem to be some charity options and that DBT sounds like it will be helpful for you as well.

We may not see eye to eye, but we can respect each other's opinions and find the truth in them.
Perhaps in those honest conversations, instead of demonising each other,
we might see each other as imperfect humans, doing our best. ~ Jodi Picoult

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2021, 01:17 PM   #104
The Worst Witch

I am currently:

Thank you :)

I'm doing something radical and switching my routine around so I sleep during the day during the heatwave. I can't stand the heat, I can't do much in it and can't open the windows very far because my cat is a twat and jumps out them. I'm hoping this helps because if it doesn't I might have to move to the North Pole.

Old 26-07-2021, 06:53 PM   #105
Auror.
Aurors for the win.

Ohhh that sounds like it might work! It's really hot here too, but we at least luckily have air conditioning. The heat is awful so hopefully that helps you.

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

You can't always keep it separate.
This is happening, this is part of you.

Auror. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:45 PM   #106
The Worst Witch

I am currently:

Good news: I don't need to move to the North Pole, my experiment worked. It's much cooler anyway today, but I slept through the hottest part of the day and can now get important stuff done, like the dishes etc.

Bad news: The nightmares about my mum are back. I keep dreaming that she's still alive, and then I wake up and realise she's not, it's horrible. Also, on top of that I've started having a lot of dreams about the abuse and they're confusing as fuck. I don't know what's real and what's a dream, I keep dreaming that my family members attacked me (I don't think they did, because my brother spent 99% of his time with me as a teenager and if they had, he would've seen it/been there) and I know he never attacked me. Is it 'normal' to start having dreams about everyone abusing you?

Old Yesterday, 05:53 PM   #107
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Glad your plan worked! Moving to the north pole would be time consuming :P

Oh those nightmares sound really scary. I don't know about how common it is for that to start happening but I can sort of see the 'logic' in your brain processing trauma like this? It could be worth checking out this thread about nightmares to see if there's any tips that might help.

We may not see eye to eye, but we can respect each other's opinions and find the truth in them.
Perhaps in those honest conversations, instead of demonising each other,
we might see each other as imperfect humans, doing our best. ~ Jodi Picoult

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)