RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-10-2018, 11:48 AM   #1
Sock

I am currently:
is this bpd?

been diagnosed with bpd for over a year now but never believed they got it right and wasnt offered treatment either so was easy to ignore.
i was doing fine for a couple of weeks but something slightly worrying but solvable and trivial upset me to the point my feelings went out of control and i dont know why and what i was feeling except rage and not in control. that led to self harm. but now looking back it all just seems like an overreaction, something that shouldnt have upset me in such a way. i still feel sensitive in a way. i've no one to talk to about this. i just want to know whats happening to me and what to do? please, please someone say something helpful.

You have to do everything you can. You have to work your hardest. And if you do, if you stay positive, then you have a shot at a silver lining
'Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life'
“Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow.’”

Sock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 06:15 PM   #2
Pomegranate
Petulant

I am currently:

To be honest that would seem to be a fairly typical reaction in people diagnosed with bpd. You recognised the trigger though which is great! Do you have any support at the moment? Are you doing any form of therapy or is their a recovery college where you are?

*Proud Plumeria Sister*

Pomegranate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 06:31 PM   #3
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

I have BPD and can understand feeling extra sensitive. When I was first diagnosed I didn't think I had BPD because I didn't get angry often and I also just felt awful about the stigma. But there are over 100 ways to meet the criteria for BPD, I think with time you come to have a feeling about how the diagnosis fits in with you. As I said I don't get angry often but I can relate to internally reacting in ways that other people might see as overreacting and that I myself might see as overreacting when the situation passes. I don't think it's really overreacting though because you're reacting to how things make you feel inside and people with BPD do seem to feel a greater degree of emotions particularly negative emotions.

Is there something that makes you not want to have to face up to the possibility that you have BPD? Is it important to you to know exactly what label fits you? If you can then I think you should talk to the person who diagnosed you or someone who is involved in your support at the moment. Maybe there are treatments available in your area that would be useful. There are lots of books on things like DBT also if you feel able to have a look at them and work through some of the techniques that way.

I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

Don't try to calm the storm, calm yourself, the storm will pass.

You didn't come this far just to come this far.

one_step_closer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 07:42 PM   #4
Sock

I am currently:

thanks a lot for replying. :)
i will try my best to answer, my head feels wrong right now though.

I don't have much support other than a counsellor which is mostly for past traumas and GP who i see sometimes. But right now im under the notion that i should be able to 'fix' myself without anyone and am considering stopping all forms of support which i know would be wrong but my emotions and logic dont agree.

will try to answer the rest later. thanks

You have to do everything you can. You have to work your hardest. And if you do, if you stay positive, then you have a shot at a silver lining
“Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow.’”

Old 03-11-2018, 04:34 PM   #5
Sock

I am currently:

why am i always in pain? even on a good day, the pain is in the background. even when im happy, i feel the sad. no one really tells me how to fix myself either. i feel lonely

Old 03-11-2018, 04:37 PM   #6
Sock

I am currently:

im not suicidal right now but i sometimes (most of the time) feel like quitting but i think theres still some hope or some fight left in me. i just hate the pain. its stronger around others because i know they dont feel this way.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)