RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 24-05-2012, 10:11 PM   #1
rachelll11

I am currently:
Finding things hard.

Hello, Ive been a member on this site since 2008 but gradually over the last few months things have gotten pretty bad again. Im on medication for OCD, anxiety and depression and at the moment ive got it into my head that im going to die, i dont know when, but im going to have a heart attack and just drop down dead. Im having panic attacks in the middle of the night, im barely functioning because my life seems to be so consumed by this worry and hoplesness.... please tell me that someone else has felt like this?

Tom my amazing partner and our 4 week old son Jack :) <3

rachelll11 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 25-05-2012, 12:50 AM   #2
madisdemon
I just want to be Free

I am currently:

I'm so sorry that you're having to go through this. Can you talk to your doctor about upping your anexity meds? I have really bad PTSD and I use to get that "I'm just gonna die" feeling, but once we got my meds worked out that feeling deminished. You have a beautiful son. (hugs)
I hope you are feeling better.

You're perfectly flawed
You're perfectly incomplete
Let them condemn
Imperfections will keep you unique
My artwork https://picasaweb.google.com/1066272...ndPhotography#
The lines I wear around my wrist are there to prove that I exist...

madisdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2012, 01:35 AM   #3
Serendipity.
fabulous.

Hey, I'm sorry you're dealing with this. I can relate a lot and it's such a horrible thing to go through.

Has anything happened recently that might have triggered the increase in anxiety? If you haven't already, I think it would be a really good idea to talk to your doctor and anyone else you feel you could get some support from. A bit of support or perhaps a change in medication might help a lot.

I've been feeling similar a lot recently.. I'll convince myself I'm dying and I'll freak out and nights are the worst time. It's horrible. I don't really have a whole lot to suggest I'm afraid.. I find it helps a little to remind myself that there is no real reason to think anything bad is going to happen, that I've felt like this before in the past and it passed eventually. I know it sounds stupid and I don't know if you can relate to this but for me it often happens when I'm kind of feeling disconnected and so repeating my personal details to myself makes me feel slightly more grounded and connected to my life. I don't know if that makes sense. Grounding techniques also help a lot when I start to panic.

Sorry I've not been more help, but I really hope things improve for you soon and I'm around if you want to talk. Take care.

"I know you're sad, so I won't tell you to have a good day. Instead, I advise you to simply have a day.
Stay alive, feed yourself well, wear comfortable clothes, and don't give up on yourself just yet.
It'll get better. Until then, have a day."

Serendipity. is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)