RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 19-05-2020, 12:05 AM   #1
hopefuldreamer

Who am I?

I recently was forced to face my mental health again which I thought I had a handle on until my health declined. Now with new diagnosis and restarting therapy with a new therapist, I am really struggling and find myself question who I am and what I want from life. Any advice gladly welcomed!

hopefuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 19-05-2020, 03:04 AM   #2
Auror.
Camden

Hi, it's good you were able to get help and get a therapist. Starting over with someone new can be really difficult. I'm a bit unsure what specifically you are asking though?

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

You can't always keep it separate.
This is happening, this is part of you.

Auror. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2020, 10:59 AM   #3
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

You could maybe ask your therapist to focus on exploring your values. I think that we often don't know what out values are and learning about them can help you find a direction in your life. Of course it's up to you and your therapist and I hope you can both get together to find the answer to your question.

Do you think you're questioning yourself because of the new diagnosis? You are still the same you just with a different label.

I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

Don't try to calm the storm, calm yourself, the storm will pass.

You didn't come this far just to come this far.

one_step_closer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2020, 10:47 PM   #4
hopefuldreamer

I see my therapist tomorrow and for the first time in person, hopefully this will give me an opportunity to talk through some of the uncertainty that I am struggling with. Thank you for the advice. I think just maybe so much has changed and also I'm starting to see just how much I have been pretending to be someone I'm not to try to please other people. I think that I need to focus on myself and really discover myself and what I want from life before I'll be able to happily move forward. Really it's figuring out how to do that and start that process and what that really looks like for me.

Old 20-05-2020, 03:24 PM   #5
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

I hope it goes well with your therapist and you can find a way to feel comfortable within yourself and true to yourself. Remember it will probably take quite a bit of time. Good luck.

Old 21-05-2020, 05:02 PM   #6
hopefuldreamer

Things went well during therapy yesterday; my therapist started neurostimulation which was pretty relaxing. I was also able to get a referral and appointment this morning for psychiatry and they adjusted my medication. Hopefully all these things will come together and I'll start to feel better.

Old 22-05-2020, 12:04 PM   #7
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

That's great, I hope all these interventions will be useful for you. I don't think I've heard of neurostimulation, what is it? Do you think you can have a positive relationship with this therapist and that she could help you move forward?

Old 29-05-2020, 09:22 PM   #8
Harley
Webmaster

I am currently:

How have things been going Hopeful? Good to hear that things are looking like they are beginning to fall into place a bit and hope the med adjustments have had a positive effect?

"Perfection is always under construction"

Harley is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)