RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-09-2022, 06:57 PM   #1
xlaurenx

I am currently:
Unsure what to do.. need to advice

I feel so so low. I am waiting for crisis team to call me back. I am in the mindset of i dont care. Which ia when i am the most risky.But also have no energy. I cant go to our local crisis pad as my case is very complexed. A and e is a option but i dont want to waste their time... but i am anxious about feeling unsafe

xlaurenx is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Hugs Given By :
Old 08-09-2022, 10:36 PM   #2
Blahria

I am currently:

You've done a really brave thing by contacting Crisis. That's really hard. All I can say is you wouldn't be wasting time by going to A&E if that's what you decide/ have done.
I hope you get some support and can feel safer asap

Blahria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 09:39 AM   #3
Zurg
Evil Emperor

I am currently:

If something helps you to be safe, it definetely isn't a waste of time Lauren!!! It's okay to go to a&e when feeling scared and unsafe. Xx

Zurg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 03:31 PM   #4
xlaurenx

I am currently:

Went to a and e last night. Saw the team there. Made a plan one was to see my friend tonight. Woke up to a shitty message from a relative this morning. And now my friend has cancelled. Tried ringing my CMHT no answer twice. I feel unsafe :(

Old 09-09-2022, 04:19 PM   #5
Auror.
Camden

I think an important thing to remember is that just because you feel a certain way doesn't mean you need to act on the thoughts. Feeling unsafe is awful, but it doesn't mean you need to act on any thoughts you are having to BE unsafe. Can you reach out to some other friends or a nice family member instead?

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

You can't always keep it separate.
This is happening, this is part of you.

Auror. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 04:25 PM   #6
xlaurenx

I am currently:

I have tried reaching out to friends though everyone is busy.. or has covid.
My family dont understand.

Old 10-09-2022, 06:12 PM   #7
sandalwood
meditating

I am currently:

How are you now?
I'm glad you went to A+E and was referred to the crisis team. You looked after yourself. Do you have a 24 hour Crisis Line you could call when you're feeling very unsafe?
What helped you in the past when you were at this stage?
Feeling low and unsafe is a terrible feeling. You can take steps to make yourself safer to combat the unsafe feelings. Eventually, hopefully, the unsafe feeling will pass.

sandalwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 06:24 PM   #8
xlaurenx

I am currently:

Thanks! I can contac lt the crisis team but they can take a few hours to return your call.
Im feeling slightly better. Still this overwhleming anxiety though. Normally when i am feeling very unsafe apart from acting on the thoughts which isnt good. The only other thing that helps is getting me to a and e and using that as a place of safety. Saying that when i was at my most... risky A and E wouldnt let me leave as they knew my history and knew i wouldnt be safe if i left. So i had to wait there for 12 hours to been see by the home base treatment team

Old 10-09-2022, 06:31 PM   #9
sandalwood
meditating

I am currently:

I'm glad you're feeling slightly better. As you get stronger and better to cope maybe try and think of what you can do to avoid harming yourself, the next time you feel really unsafe, if that helps. I know it's difficult when you feel you can't do anything BUT act on thoughts. I'm sorry you're in this place right now.

I understand using A+E as a place of safety when nothing else works. I've done that in the past , multiple times and it will save your body from harm. Don't feel afraid of reaching out for help at your worst and most riskiest- like going to A+E. That's what they are there for. You're not wasting anyone's time.

sandalwood is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)