RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 21-03-2022, 12:42 PM   #1
Dancequeen

New member* trigger *

Hi. Im new and found the link to this site when trying to find help online. I've suffered with mental health for over 20 years. I used to self harm as a teenager through to my early 20s. I also have issues with food which has never really gone away. My depression is really bad just now. I'm on medication and receiving CBT but I'm having such overwhelming feelings of self harm and suicide. Today I cut myself for the first time in years. I am so embarrassed of my scars from years ago that I feel dreadful I've done it again but at the same time it felt so good. I'm so confused. I don't know how to help myself

Dancequeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2022, 05:37 PM   #2
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

Welcome to RYL. I'm sorry that you're struggling. Well done for managing so long without cutting, that shows that you can get back to not self harming again. You are strong. Do you think the meds and support you receive needs reviewed? Does anyone know just how awful you're feeling? If you have support it's not just up to you to help yourself although that plays a big part but with your support you have a back up.

I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

Don't try to calm the storm, calm yourself, the storm will pass.

You didn't come this far just to come this far.

one_step_closer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2022, 12:09 AM   #3
Dancequeen

Really appreciate your reply thanks. I've just recently changed meds so wasn't doing great as I tapered down then started a new cbt course that has triggered stuff with in me. I guess bad timing with changing meds. I don't speak to my husband much about this stuff as he really doesn't get it. I'm just worried I guess with all these thoughts flying around In my head that I might act on them.its scary .I really don't feel well

Dancequeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2022, 03:44 PM   #4
lozza
just trying to fly εϊз

I am currently:

I know it's hard but try and hang in there. Change of meds can be tough and especially whilst your getting to a therapeutic level that is best for you. Try and remind yourself that you are a strong person and that you can do this. Just take each day as it comes, one step at a time.

And if by chance you do sh, it's not the end of the world. Yes you may be disappointed in yourself or feel guilty, but relapses happen to everyone, remember you are only human and even the strongest of people who seem to have their life together may also relapse now and again. You are not alone!

I'm thinking of you and welcome to RYL too! Hopefully you find this place helpful and supportive. And remember you are not alone!

sometimes being strong means not holding back the tears but letting them fall
~˙·٠Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ٠·˙~

my fur baby girls are my life <3
r.i.p my beautiful girl jackie. i will love you always no matter what - 6/5/10

lozza is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)