RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 05-05-2017, 08:59 PM   #1
Oriane0806

I am currently:
Not doing so well

So lately I haven't been doing so well. I'm trying to talk about how I feel but I can't it's just too difficult. Its just so much easier not saying anything and hiding my feelings. I want to talk to my friends and I have tried but I just feel like they don't understand. They say I should let them help and support me as that's what I need but I don't feel like I need that. Obviously I know that having people around me is important but it's my battle I want to fight it myself.

Oriane0806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 09:57 PM   #2
Salazar
An individual bursting out of a bubble

I am currently:

What is it you find difficult about talking about how you feel?

If you're open with your friends and you try to explain to them what it is you're feeling and thinking then I'm sure they will be more than happy to listen to you as they say.

Sometimes it helps to give a little bit to other people about what's going on, but just ask them to be there in a general sense rather than necessarily trying to understand exactly what you're going through. Whilst we can deal with things by ourselves, or may want to, it can help to have others who at least have some idea what is happening or what you're going through.

It goes to show, that no matter how bad things get for me, there is still always one thing which brings me happiness. I must cling to this for it is the making of me, the beginning of my resurgance and the fightback epitomised. I will defeat my demons.

An ode to joy
A road to love
A note to keep your head above
The rising tide's not yet a flood on this shore

Salazar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 10:57 AM   #3
Oriane0806

I am currently:

Thanks. Yeah I know that, I do need to let people in. I put up this barrier which isn't nice for them or for me. The thing I find most difficult about when talking to my friends is that I don't ever want to be burden or make them worry. I know I have done in the past and I hated it. I feel like they shouldn't be concerned with me, but I do things that would naturally make people worry. I want to change how I think and be able to not push my friends away.

Oriane0806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 05:49 PM   #4
Salazar
An individual bursting out of a bubble

I am currently:

Your friends will be there for you no matter what if they are you friends. We all worry about people but they are more likely to worry more if they can tell that you're struggling but they don't know why or what they can do to help. If you communicate with them and explain that you don't want to burden them then I'm sure they will understand.

It goes to show, that no matter how bad things get for me, there is still always one thing which brings me happiness. I must cling to this for it is the making of me, the beginning of my resurgance and the fightback epitomised. I will defeat my demons.

An ode to joy
A road to love
A note to keep your head above
The rising tide's not yet a flood on this shore

Salazar is online now   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)