Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 13-01-2021, 08:17 PM   #1
Aardbei
Forum Mod

I am currently:
Quite stressed at the moment

Hi everyone,

I don't usually make threads asking for support and may end up deleting this but I'm trying to be a bit kinder to myself, so bear with me!

I've been doing my CBT therapist training over the past year, which as I'm sure you can imagine has been harder than it needed to be because of the pandemic. It's a very intense course in the first place so I think I've been less resilient anyway.

I've basically finished the course now - all the lectures are done, and my only deadline left is to submit a tape of a therapy session that will be marked as pass/fail. I was meant to submit this in November, but unfortunately the original client I was recording for a tape dropped out which meant I had to start again with someone new and extend the deadline. I was really frustrated by this as I've been so desperate for this hideous course to be over, but it was out of my control. I have now finally submitted this last tape as of today which is good.

Yesterday my friends on the training got their results for their tape, because they submitted on the original deadline. This means they already know they're qualified CBT therapists and I'm still waiting. I found yesterday very difficult and upsetting (despite knowing this was unfair of me and I should be happy for them all) and I feel so, so worried I will fail this tape and that actually I'm secretly incompetent. This is not rational and as a nearly qualified CBT therapist I know my thoughts are negative and what I can do to try and be more balanced but it's hard to be your own therapist, especially when you do it every day with other people! I've passed literally everything else on this course and feel somewhat confident in delivering therapy day to day but this last hurdle is difficult when I'm already stretched so thin.

I'm not sure what I'm looking for here but it would be nice to know that people have read and seen what I'm feeling because I don't feel able to share this with anyone apart from my partner. Thanks so much in advance if you read.

Aardbei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2021, 08:46 PM   #2
The Worst Witch

I am currently:

I'm not really sure what to suggest, but just wanted to say I'd read!

PS I miss you!

The Worst Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2021, 08:48 PM   #3
Unbreakable.
Lana.

First things first:
congrats on doing the course and during a pandemic too!!!
That is quite the achievement and super impressive.

I think your frustration and worry is super understandable. It might not be the others' fault that you got delayed, but it is still fair to feel a but heartbroken and annoyed as it also 100% wasn't your fault.

Having worked towards this for a while probably makes it so much harder to have to wait even just a little longer.

I hope you manage to also celebrate this and do nice, fun things for yourself as a reward.
You deserve good things.

:skull emoji:

"... but me? Me? I am a thousand years old, you can't kill me!"

Unbreakable. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2021, 11:09 PM   #4
Pi.R^2
I always have a choice

I am currently:

<3

You know my thoughts on whether you've passed or not, but that's not to invalidate the stress of not knowing and the understandable frustration of everyone else already having their results!

I'm thinking of you and hope the wait is over soon :)

We may not see eye to eye, but we can respect each other's opinions and find the truth in them.
Perhaps in those honest conversations, instead of demonising each other,
we might see each other as imperfect humans, doing our best. ~ Jodi Picoult

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2021, 12:47 PM   #5
Aardbei
Forum Mod

I am currently:

Thank you all, I really appreciate it :)

Aardbei is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)