Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 21-05-2021, 02:17 AM   #1
The Party

Need help

So I'm really confused, and need some advice from people who've been through this. So if anyone has any advice of thoughts please share them.
So, to start off, I have 12 different alters, and sometimes they come out, but not like DID, I don't black out, I remember everything and suddenly I become the voice in my head. I feel like I'm someone else, my feelings and preferences change, but I still feel like I'm faking it. I don't know why, but I just think I'm making it up because I lack the trauma for this disorder, I have a good life, and no trauma or abuse. So where did this come from? And it's not like I might have suppressed trauma, it just wouldn't fit into my life, I'm never out of the house alone, I have good friends and caring, non-violent family, so why do I have this now.
One of the other things that makes this weird is the fact that right before I got my first alter, I wanted to have a voice in my head to talk to me, I know that might be completely and totally insensitive, but I was just so tired of being alone and misunderstood. These two things together make me believe that I'm just making it up for attention or something, anyone have any advice, and please, be honest...
Thanks for listening.

The Party is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 04-06-2021, 03:28 PM   #2
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Hi there, welcome to RYL.

It's not a binary- DID or faking it! I'm not a professional but I can see how some of this seems a bit different to a 'classic' DID situation, but this doesn't mean it's just something you've made up.

Have you ever seen a professional about this? It sounds like you could really benefit from seeing a counsellor or doctor to help you work through what you're experiencing. It sounds really confusing for you, on top of already feeling alone and misunderstood as you mentioned.

We may not see eye to eye, but we can respect each other's opinions and find the truth in them.
Perhaps in those honest conversations, instead of demonising each other,
we might see each other as imperfect humans, doing our best. ~ Jodi Picoult

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 06:27 PM   #3
Pomegranate
Petulant

I am currently:

The other member talks complete sense. Have you considered contacting the Pottergate clinic? They assess and treat potential dissociative difficulties. They used to also do this for free or a very minimal cost. The other thing to remember is that dissociation is on a spectrum and some people are aware etc.

I’ve just checked and they do still do the screening for free. You can email them and they will send you the tools. They can also answer questions you might have and refer to more local services.

https://dissociation.co.uk/clients/

*Proud Plumeria Sister*

Pomegranate is online now   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)