RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 06-09-2019, 03:00 PM   #1601
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

I most likely wouldn't even phone my CPN if she was about. I'm terrible at phone calls. I'll be ok anyway. Just another same old struggle of a day.

I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

Don't try to calm the storm, calm yourself, the storm will pass.

You didn't come this far just to come this far.

one_step_closer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 04:25 PM   #1602
tamobhuuta

Phone calls are hard. Can you watch TV?

Ying tong iddle ai po!

tamobhuuta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 05:56 PM   #1603
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

I'm not good with watching TV or changing my routine. I usually watch a couple of programmes in the evening. I sat on the steps at my back door for a little bit but I really wanted to lie on the ground so came back inside because someone might have seen me if I had lay on the ground. I'm really not doing well, the lying on the ground thing happens when I'm feeling particularly vulnerable. I could try phoning the informal crisis team and see who answers but I'd probably hang up or someone would answer who I can't talk to, or I wouldn't know what to say.

Old 06-09-2019, 06:18 PM   #1604
tamobhuuta

Maybe but is it worth the risk?

Ying tong iddle ai po!

Old 06-09-2019, 06:45 PM   #1605
EyelinerAndCigarettes

I am currently:

Sending love.

EyelinerAndCigarettes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 11:24 AM   #1606
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

Thank you both.

I tried phoning the informal crisis team but the one person who I definitely can't talk to answered and I hung up. I probably would have hung up whoever answered anyway. My previous key worker is on crisis some weekends so I could see if she's about this weekend but I really don't know what I'd even say. I really hate phone calls.

I keep meaning to ask the regular pharmacist about my head but then I'm not brave enough. He would probably just say talk to a GP but I specifically want to ask him if it's ok to bring up additional stuff in the appointment. The things I had planned on talking about (toe walking, hearing issues, possible ASD stuff) are maybe less important than my head pain but I don't want to have to put off talking about them until I can make another appointment.

Old 07-09-2019, 12:44 PM   #1607
tamobhuuta

When I saw a GP I told her about more than one thing.

Ying tong iddle ai po!

Old 07-09-2019, 03:01 PM   #1608
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

They have changed the appointment system in my area where you have to fill in an online form with everything you want to discuss and then they decide if you need an appointment and how long the appointment is. So when I filled in the form I didn't add the head stuff because my head was fine at that point.

Old 07-09-2019, 03:16 PM   #1609
tamobhuuta

Maybe call them and say that?

Ying tong iddle ai po!

Old 07-09-2019, 03:25 PM   #1610
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

I'll just bring it up instead of something else if it seems important at the time. I think I've really hurt my pinkie too from self harming, but I can't just bring up every tiny thing. I will possibly ask the pharmacist on Monday.

I'm feeling really rubbish. Life isn't survivable so I don't know what the point in it is. I'm trying hard to keep myself occupied. I'm trying especially hard not to do anything risky this month since my brother's birthday is coming up. I am aching and I don't want to continue this battle.

Old 07-09-2019, 03:37 PM   #1611
Eska

I am currently:

Possible tactics for the gp thing: book a double appointment, just to take the pressure off? And/or write a bullet point list of the things you’d like to discuss, explain that you understand that there won’t be time for everything, had the gp the list and let them prioritise and manage the time.

It's a long way down
On this rollercoaster.

Eska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 11:02 AM   #1612
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

Thanks.

I'm an absolute idiot. I seemed to hurt my head a lot at one point yesterday and I had tremors in my head, neck, and arms for more than an hour so I phoned NHS 24 to see if I needed to be seen or whatever. They did say to go to A&E. When I got there I just felt so stupid since I was quite a lot better. The triage nurse was going to let me just go back home without seeing a doctor but then said that the doctor wanted to check my head. I was very distressed in general and because of being in A&E and I looked like a child and a freak. I almost hit my head again multiple times because I was so annoyed at wasting their time.

When I saw the doctor she told me the actual symptoms of a head injury that would be worrying (none of which I had). I hate myself! She said the duty CPN would contact me today. They did phone me but I can't do phone calls. I didn't answer but then did phone them back as they asked and just had a brief 'I can't do this phone call' chat. They said I know where they are if I need them and left it at that. Yes I know where they are but I can't do the phone call. I can't explain my distress through a phone call. There's nothing anyone can help me with anyway. I'm so sick of myself.

Old 08-09-2019, 11:59 AM   #1613
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

What are you even supposed to do on days when you can hardly focus on anything? My brain needs some stimulation but I can't seem to do much. I was supposed to hoover on Friday and I didn't and I'm supposed to hoover today but don't know if I will manage which is making me stressed. And I'm not eating proper food, I just want sweet stuff but I don't even have anything in. My head hurts so much and I'm very tired. I wish I could speak to someone face to face without having to talk to them on the phone. I can't deal with this battle. I really need a person but I can't access any people.

Old 08-09-2019, 03:42 PM   #1614
Juella
Valerie

I am currently:

Please, don't beat yourself up over going to A&E, you did the right thing! It would be much worse if there was a problem and you didn't go, that would be so reckless. You did the best possible thing, even called NHS even though phonecalls are tough. You did very well.
It sounds like things are pretty rough at the moment. I'm sorry about your struggle. I wish I had anything useful to say, but unfortunately I don't. But I hope you'll feel at least a little better soon, and please hang on in there.

Juella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 04:51 PM   #1615
EyelinerAndCigarettes

I am currently:

I agree with Juella, going to A&E was the right thing, you took the NHS 24 advice and went - that was a very brave thing to do.

Are you due to see anyone face to face soon?

Old 08-09-2019, 05:54 PM   #1616
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

Thank you both.

I'm seeing my GP tomorrow but won't have time to talk about MH stuff. I'm seeing my support worker on Thursday but I don't feel comfortable talking to her. I'm going to have to try and wait until I see my CPN on the 18th.

My neck has been really sore today and I allowed myself painkillers which seems wrong. I also haven't hit my head too much or done any other self harming so far today which also seems wrong.

I'm scared about not properly receiving messages from the men because I know people will be in danger because I'm doing nothing. I should maybe stop taking the Aripiprazole, I don't know why I haven't stopped already. I will be allowed to, it's not important and my CPN has given me permission not to take it. I'm not actually unwell and don't need medication or else my CPN wouldn't have said I don't have to take it if I don't want to.

Old 08-09-2019, 06:04 PM   #1617
EyelinerAndCigarettes

I am currently:

I hope it goes well with your GP & support worker even though you don't feel that comfortable talking, I hope it goes as OK as possible.

I'm glad you allowed yourself some painkillers, I can understand why it felt 'wrong' but you did some good self care there.

Being so scared sounds horrible *hugs*, Do you think the aripiprazole has been helpful?

Old 08-09-2019, 08:20 PM   #1618
Eska

I am currently:

You're doing the right thing by taking painkillers and not hitting your head. I hope your appointment tomorrow goes well.

It's a long way down
On this rollercoaster.

Eska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 10:05 PM   #1619
MissGranger

I am currently:

Good luck with all your appointments. I really hope they go well for you and that they help in some way x

MissGranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 11:59 AM   #1620
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

Thanks everyone.

The Aripiprazole has mostly done what my psychiatrist said he hoped it would do which was to help with some of the other world things. I don't know if it has helped in my opinion because it's just preventing me from getting the messages needed to protect people. I am still taking it anyway.

I'm really anxious about facing another week, especially since I've been avoiding so much recently like the gym group and book group. I'm going to have to get back into things soon and that makes me feel panic and dread.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 4 (0 members and 4 guests)