RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-02-2021, 09:11 PM   #1
The Worst Witch

I am currently:
College shizz

Hey

So, in general things are good. I’m managing to human a bit better than I have been, been cooking proper meals and stuff rather than just ordering takeaways all the time. Financially, things are quite stable in the sense that I have money (not a lot of money, but still some) at the end of the month and I can treat myself and stuff. All good, right?

Well, no. I’m not complaining about the above, but I’m worried. Through no fault of their own, college are effectively pushing 8 months of work into one semester and its going to be hell. I mean, just now we have a whole semester but who the hell knows when we’ll actually be able to go out and do the placement part of the course. It was floated months ago that if we weren’t able to go out, things would be theoretical but instead of making that a reality, they keep pushing placement back again and again. Its stressing me out.

TLDR version: how do I keep going with the humaning stuff while I’m so stressed, and keep mh things stable? Also, when is an appropriate time to ask tutors to make a final decision about what we’re doing so we don’t spend the last 6 weeks of the course stressed out of our minds and having to do placement stuff over the holidays, when everyone is (supposed) to have had the vaccine? Any ideas appreciated

The Worst Witch is online now   Reply With Quote
4 Hugs Given By :
Old 02-02-2021, 10:53 AM   #2
nonperson

I am currently:

Firstly well done on managing to human better. =)

I don't think it's ever too soon to speak to your tutors, to be honest. Even if they can't give you an answer about the placement (because they're probably being messed around just as much as you are) they could maybe help you with balancing the current workload with mental health stuff.

nonperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 04:31 PM   #3
The Worst Witch

I am currently:

Thanks np.

I did email my tutor. She effectively told me not to worry about it, that she (and everyone else) was there to support us all through it and it would all be fine. She did say that she had news about placement, but she’s going to wait until class tomorrow to tell us all as a group so theres no misunderstandings.

Is it bad that I don’t feel reassured? Placement is definitely happening at some point, which is better than before Christmas in the sense that we didn’t know if it was a thing. Theres just SO MUCH work to do in such a short space of time, plus all the staff (while being accomodating to students) will have their own stuff to be getting on with. I justdon’t feel confident/reassured at all, and yeah.

Old 02-02-2021, 06:09 PM   #4
nonperson

I am currently:

It's never very helpful when someone says "Don't worry, it'll be fine" so I can completely understand not feeling reassured and don't think it's bad to feel that way. I'm glad you'll get some news tomorrow though.

Old 03-02-2021, 12:51 PM   #5
The Worst Witch

I am currently:

We are going out on placement, we just don't know when. To be fair to her, tutor today did start giving us the theoretical work we could do for it rather than just wait until we can actually go out so that's good. Won't be such a pile of work all at once that way hopefully.

Old 03-02-2021, 01:12 PM   #6
nonperson

I am currently:

That is good. All you can do is prepare the best you can. Kinda makes sense to get a lot of theory stuff done first, I think!

Old 03-02-2021, 08:52 PM   #7
The Worst Witch

I am currently:

Yeah. She says she thinks our research project on an area of childcare that we pick ourselves will probably be a case study this year instead because of not enough time which is disappointing, but the main thing is I’ll still have all my practical competencies for the SVQ (think they’re called NVQs in England) so it won’t affect getting jobs and things when it comes time to apply.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)