RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 24-08-2012, 05:45 AM   #1
Fisher_man

I am currently:
Why am I friendzoned

I have now been friendzoned twice, and let me tell you, it really sucks!! All my friends who are girls tell me I'm a nice guy but when I try to take it further, they all say they just want to be friends. I realize that I'm one of the rare breeds of "nice guys" left. My dream in a relationship is just that: a relationship. No sex or stuff like that. Just a true relationship where we can be ourselves. Like I said I'm nice. My friends all know that. If they have a problem with something, they know they can talk to me and I'll listen and help them. This one girl that I truly love has now told me twice she just wants to be friends. We are best friends so I realize that I'm probably to far in the friendzone to get out. But whenever she has a problem with her family or boyfriend, I'm there to listen and help her out and offer a shoulder to cry on per say. It's just so hard to be a teenager in high school who is single and has always been single and always getting friendzoned with every girl I try. She has admitted to me that when we first met,that she kinda liked me and tried flirting with me. But like I said, I've always been single so I didn't realize she was so did nothing back. So when she got no response, she just friended me. Now that I realize it, I feel stupid and wish to relive that moment. I'm not a guy who thinks he can get any girl he wants. Nor am I the guy who will try to ruin relationships to try and get the girl I want. I will respect it and wait my turn just like all guys should when they break up.

I just wanna know why I always get friendzoned and why all the "bad guys" get all the girls. And how can I get out of the friendzone with her so I can possibly ask her out?

Fisher_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2012, 01:13 PM   #2
Horizon

I am currently:

You've made several threads about this girl and each time you've been told she's already told you she only sees you as a friend. You seem to not want to hear that, since you keep saying you're waiting for them to break up. But just because you don't want to hear it doesn't mean it's false. She likes you as a friend. As you say, she has already told you twice. And you say you're
going to "wait your turn", but that just sounds...vaguely offensive.

Not all the "bad guys" necessarily get girls. Maybe they're not bad, so much as more assertive about asking someone out and exhibiting romantic feelings than others.

Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2012, 11:16 PM   #3
Pictsie

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher_man View Post
I will respect it and wait my turn just like all guys should when they break up.

I just wanna know why I always get friendzoned and why all the "bad guys" get all the girls. And how can I get out of the friendzone with her so I can possibly ask her out?
Sorry you're friendzoned, it's always one of the worst things a girl can tell you when you're interested in more, but unfortunately it happens, I've been there so I know your pain.

Well you have a choice you can wait your turn as you say, how long are you willing to wait? what if they're still together in 20 years will you still be waiting? You say you wont do anything to cause a break up, but you plan for it anyway?
You'll always resent her boyfriends because they got her and you couldn't, its not a healthy way to live and you'll sacrifice your own happiness in the hope that she'll discover some romantic feelings for you?

Or you can accept it and move on, stay friends if it works, but find someone you like that feels the same about you, you say you're in highschool so after that you have college/uni? Lots of new friends to make some of them might be romantic relationships too.

I know that's not really what you wanted to hear but unfortunately there isn't a definite way out of the friendzone, sometimes it happens and 2 friends realize a romantic interest, but mostly that's just the movies.

Pictsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2012, 11:36 PM   #4
Bleeding Angel
This is my story, and your not part of it...

I am currently:

Maybe you just have to get used to the fact this girl does not like you in that way and probably never will.

"Its not how long a star shines, what is remembered is the brightness of the light"

Bleeding Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2012, 11:41 PM   #5
The War Doctor
Man ist, was man isst

I am currently:

Every time a guy is friendzoned, he says the same thing: "But I'm a nice guy and I would treat her right, why can't she see that?" I'm sure she does see that. That's why she considers you a friend. You need to learn that being nice to a girl doesn't mean she has any obligation to date you. You don't have to like it. Just accept it.

The War Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2012, 01:41 AM   #6
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploding Rickshaws View Post
Every time a guy is friendzoned, he says the same thing: "But I'm a nice guy and I would treat her right, why can't she see that?" I'm sure she does see that. That's why she considers you a friend. You need to learn that being nice to a girl doesn't mean she has any obligation to date you. You don't have to like it. Just accept it.

On top of this, it might be frustrating for you to be "friendzoned", however that does mean that she still wants to be friends with you at least. So it's not a terrible thing.

Snow White. is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)