RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 03-05-2017, 05:14 PM   #21
tiredout
lost

I am currently:

Star Wars The Force Unleashed 2. Finished the whole game in a day it was pretty rubbish.

tiredout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 08:50 AM   #22
non volo
Britain is Dead

I am currently:

Playing Ghost Recon: Wildlands at the moment, it's OK but a Tom Clancy game it is not, it's best described as "Far Cry: babysit 3 braindead teammates edition".
I cannot understand how A.I continually gets left to the side when developing games, seems to go graphics>gimmicky multiplayer>sound>gameplay>"oh yeah, we need A.I"

New Splinter Cell cannot come soon enough.

non volo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 10:33 AM   #23
Isoverity

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by non volo View Post
Playing Ghost Recon: Wildlands at the moment, it's OK but a Tom Clancy game it is not, it's best described as "Far Cry: babysit 3 braindead teammates edition".
I cannot understand how A.I continually gets left to the side when developing games, seems to go graphics>gimmicky multiplayer>sound>gameplay>"oh yeah, we need A.I"

New Splinter Cell cannot come soon enough.

I believe that's the console effect no? I've never played games on console but those seem to be the first platform games are built from and then you get the dreaded "ports" to PC.

The thing currently popping my balloon is all the micro transactions where they want you to but all the little trifles meant to "enhance" your experience. That's my biggest complaint about ESO now

"Not all those who wander are lost" Tolkien

Isoverity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 12:23 PM   #24
non volo
Britain is Dead

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoverity View Post
I believe that's the console effect no? I've never played games on console but those seem to be the first platform games are built from and then you get the dreaded "ports" to PC.

The thing currently popping my balloon is all the micro transactions where they want you to but all the little trifles meant to "enhance" your experience. That's my biggest complaint about ESO now
It's not just the console effect, it's the assumption by game developers that most gamers are too dumb to play a game without getting their hand held all the way through it and god forbid any sort of intelligent A.I makes it so they stop feeling like Rambo as they one man army their way through the game.

What they mainly focus on is making it look pretty so these dumbasses can watch a Michael Bay style trailer (made from high res cutscenes containing absolutely no actions that you can personally perform in game) and go "best game eva" without even seeing the in game action.

Don't even get me started on microtransactions and other DLC they cut out of the games to sell you later.

Old 04-05-2017, 01:16 PM   #25
Shy_Bambi
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ ♡

I am currently:

I'm playing Animal Crossing New Leaf. Been slayings it every day since it's launch in 2013!

But WOW don't get me started on dlc that they make you pay for after the game has come out. Nintendo have gotten SUPER greedy with that recently, it's awful. And now they're going to start charging you to be able to play online! It's terrible. I used to really love Nintendo but they're turning into one of those money grabbing companies :(

~*They're telling me it's Beautiful, I believe them but will I ever know, the World Behind My Wall? *~
~
Whatever Happens, Don't Let Go Of My Hand☆~

Shy_Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 07:03 PM   #26
non volo
Britain is Dead

I am currently:

Can fully recommend Prey.
If you ever played any of the System Shock games then this is a spiritual successor, Bioshock was a spiritual successor to the SS games as well but Prey even moreso.
Games like this don't come around often.

Old 09-05-2017, 08:19 AM   #27
Isoverity

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by non volo View Post
Can fully recommend Prey.
If you ever played any of the System Shock games then this is a spiritual successor, Bioshock was a spiritual successor to the SS games as well but Prey even moreso.
Games like this don't come around often.

I always meant to play System Shock. I've owned it for about 6 years. I see that have an enhanced version out now so I don't know which one to play first.

Bioshock never did much for me. I really looked forward to Infinite and after a 3-4 hours hours just lost interest. I'm sure I'll like SS though

"Not all those who wander are lost" Tolkien

Isoverity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 09:37 AM   #28
non volo
Britain is Dead

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoverity View Post
I always meant to play System Shock. I've owned it for about 6 years. I see that have an enhanced version out now so I don't know which one to play first.

Bioshock never did much for me. I really looked forward to Infinite and after a 3-4 hours hours just lost interest. I'm sure I'll like SS though
Infinite was a pretty bad game IMO, very turbulent development and it showed. It lost what made the original Bioshock good.

The SS games were amazing for their time, I don't know how well they hold up for someone that's never played them (they are quite old now) but if you have it, may as well try it and see.

I'm very fond of these types of games which incorporate emergent gameplay like the old school Deus Ex and SS, also to a lesser extent Duke Nukem 3D (we don't mention Forever)

Old 14-05-2017, 12:59 AM   #29
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch

I am currently:

Anyone excited for Prey to come out?

I can't wait!

EDIT: oh it has I think. Anyone got it who can review?

Imperfection is underrated.

Bellatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2017, 07:42 AM   #30
non volo
Britain is Dead

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellatrix View Post
Anyone excited for Prey to come out?

I can't wait!

EDIT: oh it has I think. Anyone got it who can review?
Would personally rate it 8/10, it's not the best looking game by any stretch of the imagination (even with running on Cryengine 4).
What it does have though is a good story of a decent length (first playthrough took me 40 hours because of exploring and breaking into stuff) and great interactive gameplay, full of the emergent gameplay methods employed in early SS games and Deus Ex games.

Would however wait for another patch or two, it's developed by Arkane so there are some bugs.

Also, it's clear to see why Dishonored 2 was a let down, most of Arkane's resources were on Prey and it shows.

Old 16-05-2017, 06:31 PM   #31
happywondering
выродок

I'm playing Persona 5

Never forget what you are for the rest of the world will not.
Wear it like armor and it can never be used to hurt you

happywondering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2017, 03:23 AM   #32
Freedom Fighter

Bioshock infinite

Then wear the gold hat, if that will move her;
If you can bounce high, bounce for her too,
Till she cry "Lover, gold-hatted, high-bouncing lover,
I must have you!"

Thomas Parke D’Invilliers

Freedom Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 10:30 PM   #33
zombiehunter
thinking

I am currently:

Darksiders warmastered edition, and when I complete that I will get darksiders 2 deathinitive edition in time for darksiders 3.

also playing dirt rally and I'm still loving nioh

zombiehunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 04:24 PM   #34
Shy_Bambi
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ ♡

I am currently:

Playing The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild recently. I played it ont he day it came out but its so far from the usual Zelda formula that it kinda put me off, but I'm getting in to it now. I love my horse :3

~*They're telling me it's Beautiful, I believe them but will I ever know, the World Behind My Wall? *~
~
Whatever Happens, Don't Let Go Of My Hand☆~

Shy_Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 07:03 AM   #35
Carmen_Ejogo

I am trying to save up to get the the new Zelda.. people are raving about it! Can't wait!

Carmen_Ejogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2017, 09:45 PM   #36
yoyogirl

I am currently:

Fallout 4
Destiny 1

Have you ever confused a dream with life? Or stolen something when you have the cash? Have you ever been blue? Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it was the 60's. Or maybe I was just a girl... interrupted.
I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside. I tried groups, didn't work out just made my depression a lot worse.

yoyogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2017, 08:50 AM   #37
FabulousMike
Proud Union Activist.

I am currently:

Minesweeper.

FabulousMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 12:36 AM   #38
Leo Pard
Flem Fatale

I am currently:

I've been playing a lot of solo board games recently. Sounds really lame, but it's actually a lot of fun!

The world is just illusion always trying to change me.
You will find wonder wherever you can, and spread joy whenever you are able.

I felt emotions of gentleness and pleasure, that had long appeared dead, divide within me. - Frankenstein.

Leo Pard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2017, 09:13 PM   #39
Zoe.

I am currently:

Anyone played Life Is Strange?

'cause this body doesn't feel like home...

Zoe. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2017, 07:00 AM   #40
Cossy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe. View Post
Anyone played Life Is Strange?
I played the first episode when it first came out and really enjoyed it. Worth getting the others?

Cossy is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)