RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-07-2014, 11:43 AM   #6601
Laura2.0

Oliver, sometimes I feel trapped inside, but that's only when one of my alters is blocking me. I think it's a bit different to what you are experiencing. Sometimes it can help me to do things that make me feel my body, like walking barefoot in our garden or taking a hot/cold shower. Has to be something I enjoy though.

Utopia, it's good that music is helping you so much. I'm getting a bit jealous ;)

Uglyduckling, I sometimes feel unwell to the point when I'm feeling sick because of emotional distress. Dunno what helps though, usually we switch eventually.

Vaulting is this:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uWBizbSEPc"]WEG Kentucky - Vaulting - Team USA - YouTube[/ame]
it's a german video so you probably don't understand what they are talking about but that's not important to understand what vaulting is anyway. The video is of the vaulting team USA at the world championship. I'm not nearly as good at vaulting, but I didn't want to post a video of someone who isn't good at it.

You survived the abuse.
You're gonna survive the recovery.

- Olivia Benson

Laura, Ginger, Cassi, Luna, Joni, Lena

Laura2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 04:49 PM   #6602
frenchhorn
Oliver

thanks Jess. sorry you are feeling unwell with emotional distress, I get you, I have been sick with anxiety a few times and when you are emotionally distressed it can come out in physical symptoms.

wow Laura, I had no idea that was vaulting, I didn't even know that was such a thing, I think I thought of pole vaulting firstly and then show jumping as I remembered you like horses.

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or studpidity. The grave will supply plenty of time for silence." Christopher Hitchens

'When words fail, music speaks'

I am transsexual and homoromantic and proud to be.

frenchhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 04:55 PM   #6603
Crazy Cat Lady

I am currently:

*wonders in*

x

Crazy Cat Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 05:13 PM   #6604
frenchhorn
Oliver

Hi Kerry, how are you?

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or studpidity. The grave will supply plenty of time for silence." Christopher Hitchens

Old 08-07-2014, 10:28 PM   #6605
Uglyducklin

I am currently:

Laura you know I thought you would mean vaulting on a horse. That is truly incredible and thank you for making smile as horses always do :) thanks Oliver. I just feel hopelessly triggered raw and drained. Leaves hugs x

Uglyducklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 10:34 PM   #6606
Arienette

I am currently:

Hugs. I hope you feel better.

I'm increasingly cut off because I've been having a hard time.

I spent years in therapy changing that, but then it all hit the fan and now I'm falling back into not feeling interspersed with huge bouts of MASSIVE emotion. I'm not even stopping it.

Losing track is getting to be a nuisance, but when the alternative is to be suicidal and depressed and cryign all the time, I don't give a damn.

It is a catch 22, no?

I cannot deal with life, society or people ever otherwise.

Arienette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 10:40 PM   #6607
frenchhorn
Oliver

hugs Jess, anything you can do to distract yourself?

anyone you can talk to utopia? can you see your GP to let them know you are struggling.

Old 09-07-2014, 03:48 PM   #6608
Laura2.0

*hugs Jess* if ok

*hugs Utopia* if ok.. it does sound kind of like a catch22. i think there IS a way for you to learn how to deal with life. I don't know it though.

Having therapy today after a 3 week break because our therapist was on holiday. There is a lot to talk about what happened during the last 3 weeks, but I kind of can't get a grip on what to talk about... dunno. probably sounds confusing.
It feels all so jumbled inside right now. I think some of the alters are ... I don't even know. It's weird.

You survived the abuse.

- Olivia Benson

Old 09-07-2014, 04:23 PM   #6609
Arienette

I am currently:

No. I'm not wasting my time with services again unless I can help it because they always make me worse because they're horrible.

My gp is nice- it's mh services that make life more hellish so there is nothing to be done anymore.

Meh. I just have to deal with it I guess.

Old 09-07-2014, 04:26 PM   #6610
frenchhorn
Oliver

maybe talk to your GP, but say you don't want MH services involved? sorry they have made things worse in the past.

Laura I hope therapy goes well.

Old 10-07-2014, 04:05 PM   #6611
Laura2.0

*hugs all*

sorry, services aren't working for you Utopia.

Therapy was ok. One of the alters came to the front after a while but that's ok. They can always get some time if they need it.

You survived the abuse.

- Olivia Benson

Old 11-07-2014, 02:26 PM   #6612
Arienette

I am currently:

Yeah, I think I might look into other services in the area. I just find it SO hard to be honest because I've been made to feel stupid or humiliated before for being honest because some people just don't listen or get it, then they say things don't add up, and then that I'm making it up. I feel like I have to constantly hide. Hide myself, hide my experiences and hide, hide, hide. Like Quasimodo of Notredame. I'm a freak and a monster.

So now I really hate being honest with people about how it really is for me. I am ashamed also.

Does anyone know of any other services that might help outside of traditional NHS stuff?

Could you PM me if you might have an idea so I can tell you where a bouts I am in the UK if it helps...or in general.

x

Old 11-07-2014, 02:40 PM   #6613
Crazy Cat Lady

I am currently:

^ I will PM you now. I was under the NHS for 11 years and discharged myself in December 2013 as found them pretty useless. I now see a private psychologist and she's amazing, even though it's very, very difficult.

I had a hard session today.
I still can't get things out verbally. I try and when I try, I feel physically sick and I shake. I mumbled something and K asked me to repeat it as she didn't hear it.... I couldn't because I don't know what it was.
Am I going mad? :(

Old 11-07-2014, 02:46 PM   #6614
frenchhorn
Oliver

glad therapy was ok Laura. *hugs*

I'll PM you in a minute too Utopia

I am sorry you had a hard session today Kerry. you're not going mad, just struggling with things.

I have a GP appointment in less than 3 hours, pretty scared, have written some stuff down for her.

Old 11-07-2014, 02:49 PM   #6615
Crazy Cat Lady

I am currently:

Why can't I remember what I said? I feel so mad :(

Well done for writing things down. I hope all goes well with GP. I'm seeing my GP at 4.20!

x

Old 11-07-2014, 03:07 PM   #6616
Arienette

I am currently:

Quote:
pretty scared, have written some stuff down for her.
This is a really good idea. I hope it goes OK for you.

Quote:
Why can't I remember what I said? I feel so mad :(
This happens to me a lot too. Often my S/O will ask me to repeat myself and I didn't realise I was talking or said anything. Do you sometimes think things and think you said it, but when you ask for a response realise that you entirely imagined speaking what you said?

Other times I repeat myself a million times too because I forget that I've said it and had that conversation already. It can be really embarrassing. Luckily my S/O is understanding and is nice about it.

^^^ and thanks for PM-ing me. :)

x

Last edited by Arienette : 11-07-2014 at 03:07 PM. Reason: To say thanks.
Old 11-07-2014, 03:35 PM   #6617
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch

I am currently:

^I get that. And losing a conversation half way through. Always seems like i'm not listening, but I am and I just lose track.

Imperfection is underrated.

Bellatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 04:02 PM   #6618
when.will.it.end
{Katie}

I am currently:

I get this too. Glad it's not just me!

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful,
committed citizens can change the world;
its the only thing that ever does.

when.will.it.end is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 05:02 PM   #6619
Arienette

I am currently:

Quote:
Always seems like i'm not listening
We have a lot of disagreements about me not listening because of this.

I rarely remember information from appointments either. I find it embarrassing because some people equate it with being dumb and stupid, furthering said embarrassment.

And then people form these opinions of you. My CC once suggested I should look into getting into beauty therapy. I just looked at her and said "I hate those places". I wanted to slap her. ALL because she thought I was stupid. Probably because I seem so forgetful and "not-all-there". Cheers darlin'

Last edited by Arienette : 11-07-2014 at 05:07 PM.
Old 11-07-2014, 05:50 PM   #6620
Laura2.0

Just got home from dentist. My mouth is numb and I can't drink because I'd drool. Can't eat as well, because I might bite my lip/tongue without even feeling it! (I think I woud taste the blood though)

You survived the abuse.

- Olivia Benson

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)