Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 25-05-2021, 06:35 PM   #1
The Queen of Peace
Always does her best to please.

I am currently:
Struggling

After having been stable for something like five years, I have been having an extremely difficult time recently. I'm moving to another part of the country and have recently started a new job/career and the whole thing, whilst a positive change, has been extremely anxiety provoking. I've been under the home treatment team and I thought they were going to refer me to the equivalent service where I'm moving but now they're saying they won't and that I don't need it, but all those scary thoughts I was having before are still there and I don't know how I'll cope without support for when I move. How can I get them to listen (and actually write my address down correctly lol) and refer me and receive the support I need? I've never felt so unsafe in my life and I don't know how to get that across.

For you to be here now trillions of drifting atoms had somehow to assemble in an intricate and intriguingly obliging manner to create you. It's an arrangement so specialized and particular that it has never been tried before and will only exist this once. That is of course the miracle of life.
-Bill Bryson

Don't ever frown because you never know who's falling in love with your smile.

The Queen of Peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2021, 04:27 AM   #2
butterfly hearts

I am currently:

I can relate with the relapsing after 5 years. I too didn’t cope with changes that were positive on the outside but... relapsing is so scary because I’d forgotten how bad it feels to be unwell.
You just need to be really straight with them, really honest, tell them what you’ve told us - that you’ve never felt so unsafe in your life. Sorry it’s so hard to get support :(

Melancholia is my mummy
Black Rose is my cupboard hiding in buddie
All I'm Living For owns me...i'm her pet frog
Aimee in Wonderland is my best-ever-man-girl-lover
Lozza is my lovely care bear
A plumeria tree

<3 <3

butterfly hearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 03:39 PM   #3
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Hello! Sorry you're having such a difficult time and that the home treatment team don't seem to understand the importance of some continuity of support once you've moved. Have you made any progress with them?

Do you know anyone in your new area?

If they do refuse to put anything in place in your new area, I'd suggest registering with a new GP as soon as possible (maybe even start the process before you move if possible, you could at least work out which surgery you'll register with for example) and get the earliest appointment available and hopefully a GP will give you access to the local crisis team.

I did a big move a few years ago and it was daunting to start so feel free to drop me a PM if you want to talk about it in more detail :)

We may not see eye to eye, but we can respect each other's opinions and find the truth in them.
Perhaps in those honest conversations, instead of demonising each other,
we might see each other as imperfect humans, doing our best. ~ Jodi Picoult

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 06:49 AM   #4
The Queen of Peace

I am currently:

Thank you both a lot for your replies. I have successfully done the move now and it's been OK and the anxiety has subsided a LOT, thank god.

But I'm still having a lot of dark and scary thoughts. I agree that getting a new GP is important, so I'm in the process of registering for one now. I have some level of private healthcare with my new job so I spoke to a GP and he said that their counselling services are for more low-level problems than mine, but the NHS seem to think I'm not ill enough for support, so I'm in a very strange place!

Even though I'm feeling a little bit better and not immediately scared for my health/life, I really want to work on whatever made my anxiety so bad that I wanted to die so I can make sure it doesn't happen again.

I just want to want to live (if that makes sense) but right now I feel like life is such a series of punches in the gut and then we die.

This was a bit of a ramble haha and I'm not sure there is much to reply to but it was good to write it anyway.

For you to be here now trillions of drifting atoms had somehow to assemble in an intricate and intriguingly obliging manner to create you. It's an arrangement so specialized and particular that it has never been tried before and will only exist this once. That is of course the miracle of life.
-Bill Bryson

Old 11-06-2021, 06:22 PM   #5
Auror.
Aurors for the win.

Moving is so incredibly stressful. It's no wonder things were so bad. Is it worth asking the private GP if you can try their services anyways? At least it's better than nothing while you try to see if the NHS can get their shit together.

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

You can't always keep it separate.
This is happening, this is part of you.

Auror. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 04:56 PM   #6
The Queen of Peace

I am currently:

Yeah, sheesh, I was in such a grim place. So proud of myself for doing it despite all the feelings I was having though. I feel so much better for having left a career I hated and starting fresh. I knew it was the right thing to do, but in the moment when I felt so bad I just really felt like it wasn't worth it for a future payoff.

I'm poorer now than I was but I think money will be OK. I think it's just anxiety feelings that make it not OK in my brain.

I think I will go back to the private healthcare to seek out some counselling for "low level issues". Maybe I'll try to focus on something specific like anxiety thoughts and get some coping skills for that. Thanks! That's a good idea.

Things are for the most part starting to calm down in my brain now. Phew!

Thanks to everyone who replied on this thread. I don't come by here very often any more but I feel like everyone here is so caring and I'm super grateful :)

-Bill Bryson

Old 12-06-2021, 08:45 PM   #7
Auror.
Aurors for the win.

Glad things are starting to calm down a bit!!!

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

You can't always keep it separate.
This is happening, this is part of you.

Auror. is online now   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)