RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 13-05-2020, 09:51 AM   #1
The Worst Witch

I am currently:
Can’t focus

Hi

I’m supposed to be finishing off my last few assignments for college, everything ideally needs to be in by this Friday. I got up early yesterday and today (and plan on doing so for the rest of the week) but my cats aren’t cooperating. After a day of being shut out of my room yesterday, one of them is currently bashing my door and scratching at it, but every time I open it, he runs away. Its doing my head in.

On top of this, I feel under immense pressure to get everything in and done. I am taking breaks in between studying and stuff, but I have to say its no fun.

I guess I’m just looking for ideas on how to focus while I can’t go and work in a library and therefore away from my ******** cat?

The Worst Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Hugs Given By :
Old 13-05-2020, 10:59 AM   #2
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

Cats can be so annoying. Is there another room you can go in and shut the door where they wouldn't bother so much about the door being shut or is it simply you they're trying to get at? Do you have a garden you can sit in? Or can you wear headphones? Maybe there is something you can do that would keep the cats entertained without you like hiding treats or something?

I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

Don't try to calm the storm, calm yourself, the storm will pass.

You didn't come this far just to come this far.

one_step_closer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2020, 12:12 PM   #3
The Worst Witch

I am currently:

The one I’m talking about tries to eat all the food in the house, so if Sooty’s bowl is in my room (which it normally is because he sleeps in here with me, the other two are more attached to V because she had them before we met) he’ll go mental to get at it. I even end up questioning whether or not I fed them because he gets that distressed. I moved Sooty’s bowl into the living room and put it up high where Titchy can’t get it, hopefully that helps a bit.

I just find it very hard in general to concentrate at home, too many noises and distracrions. I do already put headphones in and listen to study music, but today is just a “nope, not happening” day I think :(

Old 13-05-2020, 10:35 PM   #4
Auror.
Camden

I am unsure. Is there a way to break any of the work down at all, or even just say okay, if today is not a good day for work, what can I do today to make it so the other days are better and I get something else done?

Also, do your cats like to play? Could you plan a play session for right before you need to get work done, so hopefully they are tired? Or make sure V is home and able to distract them? Or do they have certain times of day they are less active or nap that you could try to do your work then?

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

You can't always keep it separate.
This is happening, this is part of you.

Auror. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2020, 12:57 PM   #5
The Worst Witch

I am currently:

Thanks for the replies.

I did manage to at least do some less important stuff yesterday. My tutor emailed me today and after asking for more time, she agreed everything could be handed in on Monday but that was the last day she’d accept stuff and if I submit after that day, she will still mark it but it will count as a resit rather than a first attempt so if I were to fail, she wouldn’t let me resit and I’d fail the year and not graduate in October.

The cats seem to have calmed down today. I have Titchy in with me, he’s currently lying on my bed sleeping, the other two are being kept occupied by V. I must say she’s been extremely supportive, it can’t be easy sat on your own all day while I do all this stuff so I am grateful. I’ve already promised her a mention in my graduation speech lol.

Old 14-05-2020, 11:33 PM   #6
Auror.
Camden

I'm glad you were able to get the extra time. Do you think it is manageable to get finished by then? Does that help?

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

Old 15-05-2020, 09:33 AM   #7
The Worst Witch

I am currently:

Yeah, it might mean some pretty late nights this weekend depending on how today goes. I can only do my best!

Old 16-05-2020, 06:54 PM   #8
Auror.
Camden

I hope you can manage to get some stuff done and take care of yourself too. Thinking of you.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)