RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 18-09-2018, 05:49 PM   #1
UnanimousAnonymous

I am currently:
Assessment tomorrow

Hi guys, sorry I haven’t been around for a while. Things have not been great this year.

Tomorrow I have an assessment for the cygnet hospital. Has anyone had an assessment with them? Can anyone tell me what to expect? I have only just found out and I’m really anxious. I’m still in the community, not sectioned and I think this is for long term residential treatment similar to the Cassel (I have also been referred to there).

Thank you in advance xx

UnanimousAnonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 20-09-2018, 08:12 PM   #2
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Hey,

I'm afraid I don't have any experience with this, but was wondering how you got on?

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2018, 10:22 PM   #3
UnanimousAnonymous

I am currently:

Thank you for replying.
I have been offered a place, my community team have got to apply for funding. The hospital is brand new and patients aren’t being admitted until next month. I’m really anxious about it, it’s a 12 - 18month programme, mainly DBT based. I have been begging for therapy for almost 3 years though so I couldn’t turn it down.

Old 21-09-2018, 02:00 AM   #4
Auror.
Camden

That does sound really overwhelming, but at least it's worth a short right? I hope you can get funding. <3

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

You can't always keep it separate.
This is happening, this is part of you.

Auror. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2018, 02:51 PM   #5
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

I agree with Camden. It'll be scary and require lots of effort and commitment from you but hopefully it'll be so worth it. I hope they manage to get funding for you. Have they suggested anything for you to do in the meantime to help you prepare yourself for potentially starting the treatment?

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2018, 02:10 PM   #6
UnanimousAnonymous

I am currently:

Thank you for your replies. No they haven’t suggested anything in the mean time, just seeing my care co and support worker once a week. I have written down a lot of questions which I am going to pass to my care co and ask her to forward them to the hospital to get answers. My main worry is my pet rats. The hospital is literally just up the road from me so I hope they will let me pop home each day, or at least every other day (and I will arrange someone to go on the days I can’t) to care for them and give them some fuss. I really don’t want to rehome them.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)