RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 13-12-2014, 11:13 AM   #21
Staticx_xSilence
I was always an unusual girl

I am currently:

I have been a very big cat person most of my life (not that I don't like dogs I do but I have always preferred cats) but recently I have been a very big no animals person. The last two cats I had, who I loved very much, both died from rare disorders so I am shying away from cats considering my dogs and my bird are all I have left and they have yet to get mysteriously ill and die on me. So as much as I love cats I have decided to become a crazy bird lady instead (which may be a terrible idea considering I hate most birds except for my bird and birds tend to freak me out when they fly at me). *le sigh* I need to find an animal that has an extremely long lifespan and won't get sick and die and than I would be set for life.

My opinion on dogs is that while adorable and loyal, they are way to dependent and need constant love and attention which can be quite annoying, atleast with cats they don't need my constant attention and can usually take great care of themselves. lol I guess I just prefer the more independent types of animals. Plus dogs tend to get messy easily and smell terrible (I love my two dogs but they are messy and get into way to much trouble.) I hate having to be responsible for another life especially when they need all my love and attention which is why I will never have children, so it's no wonder I prefer cats.

Last edited by Staticx_xSilence : 13-12-2014 at 11:20 AM.

“I like the stars. It's the illusion of permanence, I think. I mean, they're always flaring up and caving in and going out. But from here, I can pretend...I can pretend that things last. I can pretend that lives last longer than moments. Gods come, and gods go. Mortals flicker and flash and fade. Worlds don't last; and stars and galaxies are transient, fleeting things that twinkle like fireflies and vanish into cold and dust. But I can pretend...”
― Neil Gaiman

Staticx_xSilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2014, 10:23 AM   #22
Isoverity

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_eternity View Post
Everybody associates cats with being smarter, but are they smarter or do they just have more attitude?
I didn't think cats could be trained but I had a girlfriend once that did it. I don't think cats are very trainable like dogs but I find cats have a mysterious intuition. Once we had a family cat that vanished just before a minor earthquake (4.0 on scale). I also recall one meowing like crazy when the oil furnace was burning dirty and making too much carbon dioxide. It knew something was wrong.

Last edited by Isoverity : 13-03-2020 at 08:25 PM.

"Not all those who wander are lost" Tolkien

Isoverity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2014, 07:54 PM   #23
Buttons.
Never knowing...a helping hand or hell to pay?

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wi-nter View Post
cats don't take your ****, that's the difference really.
don't they say that dogs, much like kids, always come back to you no matter how horrible you treat them?.
No they say that you piss a dog off enough it'll bite you.

Although I have nothing against cats I much prefer dogs just think you generally can't get the same bond of mutual affection and love with a cat but that's just my opinion.

'Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.'

['There is only one thing we say to death. Not today'.']

'We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell.’ – Oscar Wilde
‘It’s hard to dance with the devil on your back.’ Sydney Carter

Buttons. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2014, 09:19 PM   #24
Staticx_xSilence
I was always an unusual girl

I am currently:

I will mention while cats do tend to like to scratch you atleast they do not use your leg or arm or other body parts as their person chew toys like some dogs do, (I am a bit biased considering I have been attacked by a dog in the past and that in itself is a traumatic experience for me.) I like puppies, a few of my neighbors dogs, and my two dogs but I am pretty terrified of every other big dog I see around my neighborhood.

I mean I forgive cats easily if they bite me or scratch me but if a dog growls at me or bites me I will never forgive them. I just don't trust dogs not to attack me or someone else. I just don't think dogs are nearly as amazing as everyone thinks they are, because while cats can be vicious dogs can be a hundred times worse.

“I like the stars. It's the illusion of permanence, I think. I mean, they're always flaring up and caving in and going out. But from here, I can pretend...I can pretend that things last. I can pretend that lives last longer than moments. Gods come, and gods go. Mortals flicker and flash and fade. Worlds don't last; and stars and galaxies are transient, fleeting things that twinkle like fireflies and vanish into cold and dust. But I can pretend...”
― Neil Gaiman

Staticx_xSilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2014, 09:28 PM   #25
blue_eternity

I am currently:

Dogs tend to be scarier due to two reasons, I think. One, they are usually and obviously a lot bigger, so they seem to be capable of a lot more damage (although, when a cat wants to, they can do a lot of damage as well). Two, dogs are territorial. If they aren't trained correctly, or don't know you, their first reaction is to protect their territory. Cat's aren't like that. They could care less who you are and what you're doing as long as you aren't messing with them directly. You have to be a lot more threatening to get attacked by a cat than a dog.

blue_eternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2014, 01:38 AM   #26
trechu
Perfectly Imperfect

I am currently:

I am a total cat person, always have been, although we had both dogs and cats growing up. I currently have 2 cats.

Cats in my opinion are much cleaner, less overwhelming, and a lot easier to live with. They are loyal and cuddly but they don't demand constant attention. I love that they are playful Iif you engage them,but will happily curl up somewhere when playtime is over. I love that it's harder to win a cat's trust and therefore seems more precious.

Dogs are smelly and jumpy and licky (in my opinion) and are way too dependant.

~R

trechu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2020, 05:20 PM   #27
Shirayuki
No one deserves to be forgotten

I am currently:

I just want someone to treat me like I matter so I'm a dog person

We'll make it together, one small step at a time

Shirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2020, 10:44 PM   #28
Koala hugs

I am currently:

Definitely a dog person me

Koala hugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2020, 10:00 PM   #29
tamobhuuta

I love cats and hate dogs.

Ying tong iddle ai po!

tamobhuuta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2020, 11:00 PM   #30
Shirayuki

I am currently:

ouch-

why Tamo?

Old 16-03-2020, 10:03 AM   #31
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

I like both but prefer dogs

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2020, 10:35 AM   #32
nonperson

I am currently:

I like both but prefer cats, but only because I've owned more of them.

nonperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2020, 06:28 PM   #33
tamobhuuta

Dogs are bouncey, smelly, noisy and drooley.

Ying tong iddle ai po!

tamobhuuta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2020, 07:46 PM   #34
Shirayuki

I am currently:

so are kids-

i love both though ^^"

i don't like cats much though

Old 16-09-2020, 03:58 PM   #35
yoyogirl

I am currently:

I am cat person who owns a dog

Have you ever confused a dream with life? Or stolen something when you have the cash? Have you ever been blue? Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it was the 60's. Or maybe I was just a girl... interrupted.
I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside. I tried groups, didn't work out just made my depression a lot worse.

yoyogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2020, 12:04 AM   #36
OMGImBackAgain

I like both but prefer cats...I think because there's lots of dog breeds I don't really like...but I love all cats. I'm like that eHarmony cat lady video haha

OMGImBackAgain is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)