Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 21-09-2012, 08:16 PM   #1
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:
Same place each time?

It occurred to me earlier on today that I cut in the same place each time. I dont mean actually on the body, but the same room. I dont always cut at the same time each day.

So the question is, does anyone else cut in the same room? This is despite having the whole of the flat to choose, I suppose those living with their parents/in shared accommodation have no choice.

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

not_so_insig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2012, 09:33 PM   #2
Amaranth
Leah

I am currently:

A couple of times I've done it in other rooms, but the vast majority of the time it's a particular room - it's almost like part of a ritual, and it doesn't feel quite right if I do it anywhere else.

Amaranth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2012, 09:50 PM   #3
pandachan
maybe, definitely

I am currently:

I think the comfort of one's bedroom, in my case anyway, feels like a safe place and is usually where I will do it. On rare occasions in fits of fury/panic I have SI'd in other locations, but more out of spontaneous feelings of necessity than the premeditated decision to SI that happens when I shut myself in my bedroom.

pandachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2012, 09:58 PM   #4
Tig

Yes, I've always got in to a ritual of where I self harm and certain things for it.

The ritual has changed when moved but it's always in the same place when I'm in that house etc. x

Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2012, 10:39 PM   #5
random.swirls
Head forum moderator

I am currently:

I do always cut in the same place its not part of a ritual it would just feel odd sitting on my sofa and doing it!

When we lose twenty pounds... we may be losing the twenty best pounds we have! We may be losing the pounds that contain our genius, our humanity, our love and honesty. ~Woody Allen
Is a chocolate muffin loving glitter ball

random.swirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2012, 10:46 PM   #6
Gone.

If I'm at home then there are two rooms that I cut myself in. I have cut myself in different locations outside the house, also.

Left.

Gone. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2012, 11:08 PM   #7
xlaurenx

I am currently:

If i was at home then i would only do it in one room if i was at college etc again i would only do it in a few rooms, depending on were i was at college, its huge !

xlaurenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2012, 12:14 AM   #8
GlitterTrashDoll
eZine Editor

I am currently:

I used to ONLY cut in my room. As no-one knew, and I intended to keep it that way. I have done it it other locations when I've not been at home and had the urge. I didn't feel right/safe cutting in any other location, other than my room. (or my Uni room whilst I was at University).

DILLIGAF

"it’s when you’re acting selflessly, that you are at your bravest"
- Four.
CTFxC'er forever.

GlitterTrashDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2012, 09:44 AM   #9
Pappi

I am currently:

I usually cut in the same place, sometimes I do it in others though but most of the time it's in one place.

x

Pappi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2012, 03:27 PM   #10
LouderTheSilence
'silence is where i hide my fears'

I am currently:

i usually preffer one room. same place in that room also. but if thats not possible then i will do it somehwere else. the cuts are always less bad though when not done in the prefferred room :/ xxxx

It's the loneliest feeling in the world - to find yourself standing up when everyone else is sitting down. To have everybody look at you and say "what's the matter with her?" I know what it feels like. Walking down an empty street, listening to the sound of your own footsteps. Shutters closed, blinds drawn, doors locked against you. And you aren't sure whether you're walking toward something, or if you're just walking away

LouderTheSilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2012, 06:53 PM   #11
Weeeez

I am currently:

I mostly only do in my room. Pretty much the only part of my apartment my room mate never goes in. Safe.

Hit it out of the park this time

Weeeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2012, 10:22 PM   #12
Scaredy-cat
I am the very model of a modern major general

I am currently:

I tend to do one place for privacy amd because of where i tend to be when i self harm. But i think once i move out thats gonna change

He was no longer jean valjean but no. 24601 -les miserable

Some of life's mysteries will never be solved, such as why, after spending an entire evening listenong to Bach, do I find myself humming "the birdie song".......

I am reaching, but i fall, and the stars are black and cold, as i stare into the void of a world that cannot hold- les miserables

Scaredy-cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2012, 06:42 AM   #13
silent_scars11

I am currently:

I generally have a couple preferred places, based on whether I'm at home or at school and whether or not I'm alone at the moment.

At home: a certain bathroom (where I do it most of the time because I can close the door and feel safer) or sometimes my bedroom (only if no one's around, because the door doesn't close).

At school: the floor of my dorm room (if roommate is not around), or a bathroom stall (if roommate is around). I don't like the stall as much because I have to stand up.

"It's not a dream anymore. It's worth fighting for."

"Well, if it's not real you can't hold it in your hands
You can't feel it with your heart
And I won't believe it.
But if it's true
You can see it with your eyes
Oh, even in the dark
And that's where I want to be, yeah" - Paramore

silent_scars11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2012, 07:04 AM   #14
Kimaru
Fight off the lethargy

I am currently:

I move to a different house almost every year but its usually my room, one year though it was the bathroom. If I'm at school or somewhere I go often in public, there will usually be a specific stall in the bathroom that I will use. I feel the safest and have the most privacy in my bedroom and I guess the bathroom stall is because it's familiar...

"Some people get by, with a little understanding. Some people get by, with a whole lot more."
-The Sisters Of Mercy

Kimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2012, 07:45 AM   #15
morbidflight

I am currently:

Usually my bedroom, with the door closed. I've done it in a bathroom sometimes, and sometimes not at home, but the overwhelming majority of the time, it's in my bedroom.

morbidflight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2012, 08:42 AM   #16
SnowTiger

I've done it in my living room and bedroom, however I definitely feel more comfortable in my bedroom and I actually don't feel like I get the same release if I do it in the living room, even though I'm usually home alone when I self harm. I wouldn't do it anywhere other than those two rooms as I'd have to stand up/balance on a very uncomfortable ledge, lol.

This too, will pass

SnowTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2012, 12:32 AM   #17
RainbowVeins202

I am currently:

I always cut in bathrooms because it's the only way I have any privacy, but doesn't have to be the same bathroom. Mine, work, friend's, public bathrooms. Which sounds messed up. But whatever...

RainbowVeins202 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)