RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 19-06-2009, 02:55 AM   #1
Mek
BeTrayaL_N_DeCePtIoN

I am currently:
Just want an answer *annoyed*

I have been having a lot of weird things happening to my body lately. I sometimes shake uncontrollably, my body twitches, my arms/legs sometimes go numb (but i can still feel, its really weird and hard to explain), I have head aches all the time, a discrease in my libido (meaning barely to no sex drive), and most embarrising i have peed the bed twice in the last 2 months ( I havent peed the bed since I was really little).

So I found all of this to be quite concerning and made an appointment with my doctor. He did blood tests and suggested that he thinks it could be stress/anxiety.

I go back to the doctor today. All my blood work has come back normal. Which should be a good thing, but it still leaves me knowing nothing. He told me that he thinks it could be depression. Now I am not a doctor but it seems to be more than just depression. I mean what if something is really wrong with me? No more tests .... nothing .... OH but he did offer to medicate after telling me he doesnt know whats wrong with me.

I told him that it sounds kind of stupid for him to medicate something he doesnt know is wrong. He told me well then I guess we will wait to see if it gets worse....not very comforting! Im so annoyed!!!

When she lowers her eyes she seems to hold all the beauty in the world between her eyelids; when she raises them I see only myself in her gaze. - Unknown

Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2009, 08:26 AM   #2
I.Heart.And
~Approachable and fit (apparently)~

I am currently:

Anxiety itself can have quite severe physical effects including all the ones you mentioned. If you don't want to take medication you could try breathing exercises etc instead.
If the doc thought it necessary to send you for more tests he/she would have done.
x

I.Heart.And is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2009, 10:04 AM   #3
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

That must be very frustrating for you, I hope you find some answers soon. Take care.

I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

Don't try to calm the storm, calm yourself, the storm will pass.

You didn't come this far just to come this far.

one_step_closer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2009, 02:44 PM   #4
smileemptysoul

I am currently:

Maybe try getting a second opinion.

Every time you get up and get back in the race,
One more small piece of you starts
To fall into place

Ideas on[Stopping SI] | [Supporters] | [PM me] anytime

smileemptysoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2009, 02:53 PM   #5
whirlpools

this might be totally wrong, and i don't have time to say more at the moment, but have you heard of Conversion Disorder? if not, maybe look it up. i'm not diagnosing it or anything, but it's a possible suggestion. not sure if any of it rings true to you.

i'd keep getting medical tests as well as seeking help for anxiety and stress.

whirlpools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2009, 06:44 PM   #6
starnight
I live to fall asleep

I am currently:

If you feel the need to you could go for a 2nd opinion. But don't discount anxiety, I suffer from anxiety among other things and those are some of the symptoms I would show/go through.

The eye
It cannot choose but see

RYL Family

starnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2009, 12:03 AM   #7
Katiee
It's full of lonely.

I am currently:

I can understand how annoying this must be.
I'm sure your doctor will do everything he can to make you better and treat you if there is anything wrong. Hope you're alright. xo.

<3.

Katiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2009, 03:29 AM   #8
Mek
BeTrayaL_N_DeCePtIoN

I am currently:

Thank you to everyone for your support and advice. A lot of you have mentioned that this could be cause by stress or anxiety. Wouldn't I know if that were the case? I mean I dont feel stressed out any more than usual. I am not anxious about anything...and I would know if I was ... wouldnt I? I mean depression is I guess the closest thing relatable in my opinion. Except, I just recentlly have been depressed...not the whole time these symptoms have arrived. Idk.

When she lowers her eyes she seems to hold all the beauty in the world between her eyelids; when she raises them I see only myself in her gaze. - Unknown

Old 21-06-2009, 04:35 AM   #9
amy.lee.addict
waiting for the sun to rise

I am currently:

That must be extremely frustrating, not knowing what is happening to you. Like nothing has labels...Nothing has an answer. All I can say is keep strong. Anxiety has odd ways of showing itself. Sometimes I twitch. My whole body jerks in one movement. Sometimes my hands get all sweaty and my heart pounds. Other times I wake up about to urinate on myself. *hugs tightly* You're not alone, okay. Thats all I want you to know. Stay strong, and PM me if you ever need anything. I will try my best to help you.

_Leigh

Even shadows need some form of light to exist.

amy.lee.addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2009, 09:50 AM   #10
Ami
Perfectly Flawed

I am currently:

Are you not on any meds? Because i get alot of twitching and movements on medds.

It could be anxiety, i think ive felt like that before when extrememly anxious x

I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.

Ami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2009, 10:13 AM   #11
Amaryllis
Forum Mod

I am currently:

You might not know if you were really stressed out though. I tend to carry all of my stress in my lower back and in a few other parts of the body. I'll feel fine except I'll just hurt and that's my cue to know that I'm getting pretty stressy.

However, it could also not be that. Try getting a second opinion. When I first got sick with my heart thing no one knew what was wrong. It took them a year and a half to figure it out. Good luck, I know how shitty it is to not know what's wrong and to know that there is something wrong and it's not stress, you're not faking, there is something wrong.

I hope you're doing all right.

Men come and go, but dust accumulates.

Amaryllis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2009, 03:30 AM   #12
Mek
BeTrayaL_N_DeCePtIoN

I am currently:

Nope. I am not currently on any medication. These symptoms have seem to decrease...or maybe it just that I am hiding them better. Maybe I am lying to myself... maybe i am making this up...maybe I am crazy after all!

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)