RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Closed Thread
Old 14-03-2020, 09:11 AM   #1
Sax

I did something terrible years ago and i just realized

I was speculator for gamblers that want to bet football. I made fake records to gain their trust and lied to them that i was good at analysis football game. After that,They hired me to give advice. And The results were not good. I failed them, they lost a lot of money. And i think they lost much money coz of my lying. I think that i am the one who made them lost the money and i might ruined their life.That’s why i feel like i am an asshole and i think its not anyone’s fault but me.

I think i won’t be responsible for their loss because i can’t find them all. I have some of their contacts,but not everyone. If i wouldn’t be responsible for everyone , i guess i would still feel guilty.

1. I am an irresponsible person.
2.i still think that i have been doing bad thing all time because haven’t been responsible =have been doing bad thing
3.I can’t enjoy any entertainment anymore. When i was watching movie,and villains were killed.I felt like i should kill myself coz i am a villain.
4.i always think that if i did something bad i must be responsible for what i did. In this case , i don’t be responsible for it, i shouldn’t live in this world.
Edit: i was a speculator for 2 times 1st: 4 years ago 2nd:3 months ago i just realized 3months ago that what i did can have many bad effects , after that i stopped being speculator.

Last edited by Sax : 14-03-2020 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Need more detail
Old 14-03-2020, 11:26 PM   #2
The Worst Witch

I am currently:

Unless you forced them into gambling their money, the fact that you were dishonest does not make the fact they lost lots of money your fault. Obviously, it wasn't a good thing to do, but you can't change it now. All you can do is focus on improving your life and apologise for your mistake to the people you can, and then try and move on.

Old 15-03-2020, 03:07 AM   #3
Sax

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Worst Witch View Post
Unless you forced them into gambling their money, the fact that you were dishonest does not make the fact they lost lots of money your fault. Obviously, it wasn't a good thing to do, but you can't change it now. All you can do is focus on improving your life and apologise for your mistake to the people you can, and then try and move on.
But they might say this “if you didn’t lie (fake record) to us, we wouldnt lose our money

Old 15-03-2020, 10:15 PM   #4
The Worst Witch

I am currently:

Yes, you could but my point was, every type of gambling carries a risk. So, they could have still lost their money even if you hadn't lied to them. When you gamble, you accept that there's a very high chance that you won't get a return out of it, but choose to do it anyway. The fact that you lied to them was not a clever thing to do, but they knew the risks they were taking so therefore the fact that they took that risk in the first place isn't your fault.

Old 15-03-2020, 10:39 PM   #5
Auror.
Camden

Nobody is either all good or all bad. We make the best choices in the moment that we can, based on our current understanding of the world and our needs. You made the choices that you thought were best at the time. Acknowledging that you made mistakes in your past means that you can work hard to not make those same mistakes in the future. Humans change and evolve constantly. If you want to be a better person or do things differently, what steps can you take in the present to make that happen?

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

You can't always keep it separate.
This is happening, this is part of you.

Old 17-03-2020, 06:39 AM   #6
Sax

Quote:
Yes, you could but my point was, every type of gambling carries a risk. So, they could have still lost their money even if you hadn't lied to them. When you gamble, you accept that there's a very high chance that you won't get a return out of it, but choose to do it anyway. The fact that you lied to them was not a clever thing to do, but they knew the risks they were taking so therefore the fact that they took that risk in the first place isn't your fault.
Do i have to be responsible for their loss. I mean money they paid to me for analysis and money they used for gambling.

Old 17-03-2020, 06:46 AM   #7
Sax

Quote:
My clients might think that i could help them gain money 100%,bacause they probably thought that i would know which football matches were fixed.

Old 17-03-2020, 01:25 PM   #8
Sax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror. View Post
Nobody is either all good or all bad. We make the best choices in the moment that we can, based on our current understanding of the world and our needs. You made the choices that you thought were best at the time. Acknowledging that you made mistakes in your past means that you can work hard to not make those same mistakes in the future. Humans change and evolve constantly. If you want to be a better person or do things differently, what steps can you take in the present to make that happen?
im not responsible for their loss , i feel like im an evil.

Old 17-03-2020, 06:07 PM   #9
Auror.
Camden

Feeling like you are evil and actually being evil are not the same thing. I often get that told truly horrible people do not question if they are horrible. So the fact that you do regret what happened shows you have the capacity to both care about others and to change. Those are not capabilities that evil humans have.

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

Old 18-03-2020, 05:40 AM   #10
Sax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror. View Post
Feeling like you are evil and actually being evil are not the same thing. I often get that told truly horrible people do not question if they are horrible. So the fact that you do regret what happened shows you have the capacity to both care about others and to change. Those are not capabilities that evil humans have.
I am so confused. I don’t know what i should do. Should i give them the money they used for betting ? I think They lost the money because of my lying.

Old 18-03-2020, 12:22 PM   #11
The Worst Witch

I am currently:

Personally, I would just forget about it and move on.

Old 18-03-2020, 01:31 PM   #12
Sax

Quote:
Personally, I would just forget about it and move on.
I would like to thank you so much. But i think that my lying could make them committed suicide , be a robber, have a family issue etc. The clients might think there were fixed matches so they could guarantee they would win the bet. That’s why it makes me feel so bad.

Old 18-03-2020, 01:37 PM   #13
The Worst Witch

I am currently:

I don't know what else to advise. I'd try and forget about it - if this is hard, you might need some counselling to help you get over it and move on.

Old 18-03-2020, 01:54 PM   #14
Sax

Quote:
I don't know what else to advise. I'd try and forget about it - if this is hard, you might need some counselling to help you get over it and move on.
I think what i did can cause damage more than 300,000$. :( it’s a huge crime.

Old 18-03-2020, 01:57 PM   #15
The Worst Witch

I am currently:

Obviously not huge enough for them to prosecute you for it.

Old 18-03-2020, 06:13 PM   #16
Auror.
Camden

I agree with The Worst Witch. I'd do your best to forgive yourself and try to act differently moving forward. If you are still struggling with that, then seeking out professional help might be a good idea. Also, if you still have any of the money, you could consider donating it to charities instead of keeping it for yourself.

Old 23-03-2020, 07:09 AM   #17
Sax

I have been feeling guilty for months.

I was speculator for gamblers that want to bet football. I made fake records to gain their trust and lied to them that i was good at analysis football game. After that,They hired me to give advice. And The results were not good. they lost a lot of money. And i think they lost much money coz of my lying. i think its not anyone’s fault but me. They might become a robber,have family issues,committed suicide because of me.

I know that gambling has risk,But there are fixed matches that you gain 100% profit from those matches. I don’t remember if i was advertising that i had fixed matches. If i was doing it,my clients might throw all money on those matches.

i have been thinking about this matter everyday and this matter ruins my all day for months . i just want to stop thinking about it.For now, i think what i did probably killed someone indirectly,made someone be a thief etc.

Old 25-03-2020, 09:38 AM   #18
Amaranth
Leah

I am currently:

You will never be able to know what consequences your wrongdoing caused and worrying about it doesn't help anyone. Perhaps you could focus on doing something positive, like volunteering for a gambling or debt advice charity as a kind of penance.

Old 26-03-2020, 03:45 AM   #19
Sax

i think i made them loose money. thats why i feel so bad. Moreover,i don't remember if i lied to them that i knew which matches were fixed.

for example,i lie to my clients that Man city vs Liverpool is a fixed match. if they place a bet on that match, they would loose alot of money because they think that match was fixed, so they spent a ton of money.

Last edited by Sax : 26-03-2020 at 03:46 AM. Reason: misclicked
Old 10-04-2020, 08:39 AM   #20
Amaranth
Leah

I am currently:

I don't know if you are in England, but if you are then I would just be careful what you are putting out there on the web, because what you did was technically fraud. However, betting on matches where you have inside information that they are fixed I think is also illegal, so your clients were not totally blameless.
If you feel giving money back to those you have contact details for will help you to feel better, then by all means do it. If you don't think it will really help, then maybe you could donate it to a charity instead, if you think that might help.
At the end of the day gambling is just that- a gamble. Even if they thought they were on to a sure thing, there is always an element of risk to gambling, and your clients were willing to expose themselves to that risk.
You cannot change the past. You also cannot know exactly what effect it had on your clients. For all you know they may have just picked themselves up, dusted themselves off and moved on. You need to try to do the same.

Closed Thread

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)