RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 29-05-2008, 02:39 PM   #41
distilledtears

I am currently:

There was never any swelling or pain at all, there are small scars at each hole but not the line of scars you described when mentioning rejecting piercings. Is there anything I can do to stop it shrinking further? Also, is it better now to stay on a 12mm bar or to downsize to a 10mm that fits perfectly? Or would this encourage further shrinking? Thanks again for your advice xxx

Last edited by distilledtears : 29-05-2008 at 03:19 PM. Reason: wanted to add a bit more
distilledtears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2008, 07:45 PM   #42
purexcocaine

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken-angel View Post
anyone had experiences with belly peircings?

i'm just equiring round shops atm

best one i can find is £20
i just got mine done today, read this thread before i did it an all. :)
£20 is good, mine was £30.
but like someone said don't just go by price.
Mine didn't hurt to be honest, just when the needle went through.
good luck with yours :)

I want to be unsexed
and so empty-
that I can never feel again

purexcocaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2008, 07:59 PM   #43
Lyn

I am currently:

I want to get a piercing on the upper part of my ear (I don't know what it's called, sorry ^^*) but I'm only 14 (soon 15) and need my parents permission. I've asked them and they either say no or, when I try again, refuse to listen. I though about doing it myself, has anyone got experience with that? I only know that you should numb your ears with ice and make sure the needle is clean e.g. by burning it for a short time. Or has anyone any idea how I can convince my parents to let me do it?

Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2008, 07:17 PM   #44
Kiss Me Furfrog
For the same thing, and the old sorrow

I am currently:

^ I think the best thing for you to do, is to wait until you're 16, then you won't need your parents permission.
And i defiantly wouldn't advise doing it yourself!!

Kiss Me Furfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2008, 08:02 PM   #45
pineapple016

Belly button i got done a year ago now i paid £25 and it was in a very dodgey place. The guy told me just wash it with salt water and I could change it after 6 weeks. I did exactly what he said and i had horrendus problems it got very infected until i bought some proper cleaning solution from another more reputable piercer. Only now am i able to wear any bar i want in it. I used to wear bars that weren't nice metals and could only wear them for a day before the itchy infected feeling would come back. I know its boring but it really is worth waiting a lot longer than you are told before you change your belly bar or atleast used a decent metal even if it isnt as pretty.

Top of your ear, please don't pierce it yourself! I have done this to myself and for others in the past, but when we were about 13 it hurts a lot and looking back it was such a stupid thing to do! Recently i took out all the top ones and I went to the same dodgey place i got my belly button done and got it done for £3.50 I know that its not much better than doing it myself but i was sucked in by the cheap price and yes of course they did it with a gun which was so dangerous! It's going ok so far it swelled up horrendusly but then went down very quickly and i actually managed to sleep on it the first night i got it done! I would still advise you to go to a proper place where they use needle. I've been getting piercings since i was 13 and the only decent one i've had cost me £27.80 and I had to be over 16 or with parents permission it was my tragus which is very easily infected but the guys were so clean that it was absolutely fine!

pineapple016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2008, 01:48 PM   #46
Sweetest Downfall
Bye.

I am currently:

My belly button didn't hurt at all! I didn't feel it and got it done at a place which was known for being either very good or very bad. luckily it was very good £30 I think!
After reading this, I feel a bit of an idiot getting my ear pierced with guns =S
I have 2 piercings in my ears, both done with guns and one of the 4 holes has gone a bit gunky today (the morning I can take it out too!) so I'm leaving them an extra few weeks to heal :)

This threads been great thanks!!
xx

Sweetest Downfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2008, 05:59 PM   #47
Vegetarian Vampire
Your pain, your worth, your sacrifice

I am currently:

Hi,

I got my lip pierced today and I was wondering how often should I be bathing it with salt water solution like twice a day? Or more?

:)

22nd November 2018

"Don't suffer in your silence. Know you are never alone."

Vegetarian Vampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2008, 06:32 PM   #48
Sans Peur

twice a day should be fine, any more than that may harm the healing process.

Sans Peur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2008, 06:45 PM   #49
Vegetarian Vampire
Your pain, your worth, your sacrifice

I am currently:

Ok thank you :)

22nd November 2018

"Don't suffer in your silence. Know you are never alone."

Vegetarian Vampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2008, 09:14 PM   #50
88shelz
be positive

I am currently:

i want my clit pierced...
anyone have any comments ???
i heard that horizontal isnt as sore!
any info would be great

88shelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2008, 01:40 PM   #51
Queen Crabbit
Are you a florist?

I am currently:

Do you have a passport anywhere? It shouldn't be a problem, but better safe than sorry.

&& then buffy staked edward. the end.

Queen Crabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2008, 04:07 PM   #52
Sans Peur

I havent been asked for ID for a piercing, i was ID'd when i went for my first tattoo at 18 though.You shouldnt have any problems getting a septum piercing as most places are 16+. Do you have a student card or something that you could have just incase to prove your age.

Old 22-07-2008, 09:49 PM   #53
Sans Peur

I would think you would be fine getting a piercing without ID, i dont look that old and have never had any problems :)

Old 23-07-2008, 12:33 PM   #54
88shelz
be positive

I am currently:

............i want my clit pierced...
anyone have any comments ???
i heard that horizontal isnt as sore!
any info would be great...............

i have my fingers crossed someone answers this in the next 30mins....i wana get it done then

Old 23-07-2008, 02:32 PM   #55
88shelz
be positive

I am currently:

I HAVE DONE IT.~
I GOT A VCH :HAPPY:

Old 28-07-2008, 06:27 AM   #56
Evanescent
she who walks in shadows

I'm glad to see this thread. I've been wanting to get more piercings, and it's a good thing to know of the precautions and such. I'm hoping to eventually get a few more ear piercings, as well as eyebrow and venombites. Now, I suppose I might know what to look for when searching for a place to get them done.

Evanescent: definition: fading away; tending to vanish or disappear; example: "evanescent beauty"

To look to a fellow human to save you is foolishness. To give all your love to one is insanity. Yet, it seems that I've fallen to this foolishness and insanity.

Evanescent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:37 PM   #57
Stress Free Anxiety
Felicia

I am currently:

I've been curious about getting my navel pierced for quite some time. What confuses me is that some people have the top of their belly button done, while others have the bottom. Is there any specific benefit to doing one placement rather than the other, or is it just personal prefrence?

Stress Free Anxiety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 02:46 PM   #58
Steel Magnolia
faithful pastafarian

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88shelz View Post
I HAVE DONE IT.~
I GOT A VCH :HAPPY:
Yay! Was it as sore as you had expected though?

"Buy the ticket, take the ride.."

Steel Magnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 03:34 AM   #59
xxanniekayxx
The Dreamer's Disease

I am currently:

I've always pierced myself.
I sterilize the hollow needle and never use the same one. I only do my ears.
I gauge (strech) and always use steril stainless steel or real silver.
I currently have my ears peirced 13 times in total (6 on one ear, 7 on the other) I have done all but 2 myself. And they have never been infected.

I used to draw pictures for a local tatoo parlor, and they let me sterilize and get my jewlery there. They also let me have solutions they had to help them heal.

I would definitely say that you should get your peircing done by someone you trust entirely.

Alot of my friends also gauge as it has become a trend. There are a few rules you should follow in addition to Rhubarb Dali's.

1) Make sure you have the correct materials (proper gauges, solution (ky jelly or a solute you got from a tatoo parlor, warm wet towels)

2) Be patient. you can't go from a 12ga to a 6ga in one night.

3) Don't jump. (jumping is when you skip the next step down. such as going from a 10ga to a 6ga, skipping 8ga.)

4) If you're going to use makeshift gauges if one falls out or breaks, make sure they're good materials and that you can get a new one soon (when I had 8ga gauges, they used to fall out when I ran because of the sweat. I also had one that broke when I was at 10gas, they were teflon. I used plastic toothpicks in both instances. I got new gauges as soon as I could from my friend. If you do need to use toothpicks like I did, place either a braces elastic, a small hair elastic, or a piece of wire tape at the ends to keep them together. Make sure you can get new proper gauges within 72 hours or you need to downsize.)

5) Don't play with them or take them out for at least a week. I know this is hard, but it increases risk for infection.

Just thought I'd add that little tidbit =]

Annie Kay
I'd like to offer moral support, but I have questionable morals.
Johnny(the hommicidal maniac ^^^)
You think that if you stopped doing something that defined you as a person, that maybe, you cease to be that person?

xxanniekayxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 04:58 PM   #60
Sans Peur

You shouldnt use unknown plastic in your piercings, acrylic can be used but only for a small amount of time in healed piercings, not newely stretched piercings and sometimes people have reactions to it within a short period of time.

Last edited by Sans Peur : 10-08-2008 at 07:53 PM.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)