RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 06-08-2014, 11:06 PM   #1
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:
I'm exhausted and I can't keep up

Today I was supposed to go to recruit participants for my research again but it's so early in the morning and my week is so busy I've canceled. I don't really want to leave this bed it feels like everything I have to do is too much.

Ok break it down like my psychologist told me. I could offer to go in later today but I just can't face it. Some financial things like payment for participants is not sorted yet so in my head I'm going to blame that but really it's because I'm exhausted. But these are the demands. I'm hoping if I take today off next week I will have builtmyself up to a full week by next week. Hopefully.

I'm so disappointed and a bit distressed I've skirted my responsibilities in favor of rest so please any feedback just telling me I'm not a bad person would be appreciated!

Last edited by Snow White. : 06-08-2014 at 11:13 PM.
Snow White. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 11:40 PM   #2
Patent Pending
★ Katie ★

I am currently:

I have few words,but I can assure you,you're not a bad person for putting your health and wellbeing first ♡

x x x

It's the ups and downs of living life this way. Promise me you'll never go away. Just stay with me through one more night because it's always darkest before the light and now I promise you I'll never turn away. I won't let you give us one less heart to break...

Patent Pending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 02:22 AM   #3
The Stolen One
Caz

I am currently:

You're not a bad person!
Is there anyway you could take a little time off? Even say Friday so that then you have an extended weekend. Sounds like you need time to catch up with yourself and get your head in the right place rather than pushing through. A little break could be enough to re-vamp and make it a little easier

There will always be a happy ending. If its not happy then its not yet the end.
Spongebob

The Stolen One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 02:29 AM   #4
crazykat
Fight for another day

Your not a bad person, it is okay to take some time out for yourself. Like the above said is there anyway you can set aside some time each week so that it is you time, to give you a chance to recharge yourself. Don't feel bad about today instead use this time to do some self-care things. You deserve it. Look after yourself

"Recovery is something that you have to work
on every single day and it's
something that doesn't
get a day off."

crazykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 02:38 AM   #5
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

Thank you all it means a lot ♡

I've tried to schedule some time in the evenings for reading so that I unwind and I've been doing that, and looking forward to it so that has been positive. I think taking a break Friday is a good idea, I have class in the morning but I can take it fairly relaxed after that.

Good idea Kat about doing some self care today. I've got some more rest and I'm going out for a meeting but when I'm home I'll try and do some more reading. I want to get some errands done too so I'm at leat a little productive, plus I was supposed to do them yesterday but I was too tired then also.

Old 07-08-2014, 04:00 PM   #6
tiptoes
Forum Mod

I am currently:

Recruiting people seems to be something you struggle with, I can't remember if I've asked you this before but is there anything in particular that makes it more difficult? Is it something your supervisors could help with?

A tip my mentor gave me the other week when struggling for motivation to do work things was to pretend to do them and then it becomes easier to start doing it properly. Like if you had an essay to write you'd open up a word document and just sit an type things like "I am meant to be writing my essay blah blah blah". I did it the other day with some lab work I was meant to be doing, I went into the lab put my lab coat on and just wandered about for a little bit and then it felt more natural to actually start the work I needed to do.

In my dreams I slew the dragon

tiptoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 02:17 AM   #7
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

You're right Sarah it is something I struggle with. It's just going in early when I'm so exhausted. Which is stupid really. This is what adults should do and if I want to be part of this course I should be functioning enough to get out of bed early 5 days in a row.

In order to fix the situation I need to go in there of a morning at least, do things normally, and then ask about other ways of recruiting (which, because they want be to recruit after my morning classes in the afternoon I need to do any way). So hopefully I can arrange such a meeting next week

Unfortunately Carmen we don't have the funds for anyone to help me and there's nobody else on my team. The plan was to get an Honours student to help out but the two my supervisor recruited went to another project

I'm so flat today. In sitting at my desk with an hour until I go for lunch with a friend and I'm supposed to try and organize things like papers and files. Simple. But not because even that is too much for me and I'm depressed that I'm not in their class like I'm supposed to be but I can't take it because it clashes with a subject I had to drop when I was unwell last year.

This is week two of classes, placement and research in second semester and I'm burnt out as hell sleeping every chance I can get.

Thanks for reading if you managed all this whining.

Old 08-08-2014, 04:55 PM   #8
tiptoes
Forum Mod

I am currently:

I think you are putting a little too much pressure on yourself. More and more places are recognising not everyone are morning people. The last few places I have worked have operated with flexihours where provided you worked the core hours (often 11-3) whether you did 7-3 or 11-7 or something in between was up to you. Even the best of people struggle in the morning, when you add in depressive tendencies and sedating medication it is ok to find mornings hard.

I hope you can arrange an alternative time for recruiting.

Thinking of you. I hope you have a restful weekend, take care of yourself x

In my dreams I slew the dragon

tiptoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 07:11 PM   #9
JusC

You seem like a nice girl. I think ur putting too much pressure on urself. Things will turn ok in the end, I'm sure. I'm Jus C by the way :)

JusC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 04:21 AM   #10
ennae

I am currently:

If it is any consolation I also skirt me responsibilities in favour of rest but I am trying not to beat myself up about it - and you should do the same :) As you say if you rest up now and build up some strength and energy you will work better tomorrow. Take care.

ennae is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)