Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 29-11-2021, 04:57 PM   #1
Elmer
Patchwork Elephant

I am currently:
Appeal/mandatory reconsideration of PIP decision

Hi,

So I got my PIP decision through on Friday - I scored 1 point (higher than when I applied last time, so yay?). The letter is full of things like ‘you said you needed help with X, I decided you could do it alone’ etc. All the usual. As my health conditions/diagnoses are changing and I am experiencing new, physical issues, how would I go about including that in the next steps? Also does anyone know of a reliable organisation. (Not CAB) who could help? I’m not going to be able to do it on my own.

'It's an impossible choice ... I'll just have to hope that when I flip the coin it somehow explodes and kills me.'

"You're not scared of climbing mountains. You're scared that you can't make them move."

Jenna was here :P

Elmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2021, 05:36 PM   #2
The Worst Witch

I am currently:

Do your local council have a welfare rights department? Here they do, but when I lived up north it was CAB that had them so I think every town is different.

Also, this is potentially not helpful anyway because the rules are slightly different here, but yes. Welfare rights is the way to go if you can find one!

The Worst Witch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2021, 05:59 PM   #3
Elmer
Patchwork Elephant

I am currently:

Thanks Ali :)

Am in SE England, but I will definitely have a look into welfare rights

'It's an impossible choice ... I'll just have to hope that when I flip the coin it somehow explodes and kills me.'

"You're not scared of climbing mountains. You're scared that you can't make them move."

Old 30-11-2021, 05:24 PM   #4
Kleiner Angsthase
Finn

I am currently:

Hey Lio, sorry to hear about the PIP decision :( Afraid I don't know about organisations, but when I did my mandatory reconsideration I asked the DWP for a copy of the face-to-face assessment report, which extends your deadline for asking for mandatory reconsideration by a couple weeks I think? And it helped with my Strongly Worded Letter to know what points to argue about. I also wrote in that letter about how my conditions had changed since the start of the PIP process, so that might be an option for you too?

Don't ever let anyone tell you you deserve that.

Kleiner Angsthase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 01:18 PM   #5
Elmer
Patchwork Elephant

I am currently:

Thanks Finn :)

I did not get a face to face assessment, it was over the phone, which certainly did not work to my advantage as I answered a lot of the questions wrong out of panic and shame, so I'm not sure a copy of that would help (or be conducive to good mental health).

I will definitely write a Strongly Worded Letter and include how my conditions have changed. Am on the lookout online for charities that might help.

Old 02-12-2021, 02:58 AM   #6
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:

I dont know if mind could help if they exist in your area. I know that they help with the initial process but whether they help with mandatory reconsideration idk. Might be worth asking.

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

not_so_insig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 05:27 AM   #7
Auror.
Camden

I wonder if you could also ask for accommodations to have the meeting or thing NOT be on the phone? If phones are not good for you? I dunno how things work but is that an option?

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

You can't always keep it separate.
This is happening, this is part of you.

Auror. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 11:03 AM   #8
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:

Auror sadly that's not an option due to covid in most cases. Unfortunately pip requires an assessment which prior to covid was done face to face. Because of covid reasons they do them over the phone which if you struggle putting yourself across on the phone means that you cant show your true colours/struggles.

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

not_so_insig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 04:25 PM   #9
Auror.
Camden

What would people who are deaf/hoh and cannot use phones do then? There has to be a way to offer accommodations somehow.

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

You can't always keep it separate.
This is happening, this is part of you.

Auror. is online now   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)