RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 07-06-2014, 05:49 PM   #1061
planemo

I heard Marco Reus got injured. He was the one guy i thought could make a difference for Germany.

Something tells me it's gonna be a South American world cup, in that most of their teams will have a good tournament.

As i said before i'm not that interested in it, this time around, but it would be nice to see Germany do well.

Someone from England told me the mood is not very optimistic about their chances. How's it in Germany about your team?

planemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 05:56 PM   #1062
__T

I am currently:

In England, there isn't much expectation at all about us doing much past getting out of the group, if that. I don't expect much either to be honest, which is nice for a change, maybe i'll enjoy the event more.

Shame about Marco Reus, he is brilliant. I love watching him play, and would love him at The Arsenal.

My pick for the world cup is Argentina. They've finally got a somewhat settled defence, and an absolutely lethal attack to go with it.

__T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 01:23 PM   #1063
planemo

Yeah i don't blame anyone for not being optimistic about England's chances, although the lack of pressure may help them to do better.

Marco Reus is a very good player.

A Germany-Argentina final would be great but I'm not so sure about either though. From what little I've seen of Messi this season, he doesn't look the same player he was a few years ago. But hey, France made it all the way to the final in 2006, and no one gave them a chance. So anything's possible.

Old 09-06-2014, 06:54 PM   #1064
wi-nter

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by planemo View Post
I heard Marco Reus got injured. He was the one guy i thought could make a difference for Germany.
what a shame. I wasn't able to watch our last friendly because I had to work but my sister texted me and I couldn't believe it. I feel horrible for him. He was in such good shape and could have just made the difference not only for our team but for himself and establish himself as one of the world's best even further.

Quote:
Someone from England told me the mood is not very optimistic about their chances. How's it in Germany about your team?

we are a really critical audience and we never are optimistic about anything. If we tie or play bad everyone is all like "oh how disappointing the boys wont even make it past the group stage". i personally do believe (like the experts here= that we have the best team ever. or at least the best team since 2002 and it would be so so so disappointing to not do well. I think secretly everyone is expecting at least the semi-finale but I think people now want the title. It's all or nothing really because we have placed 2nd and 3rd so many times now there is really nothing special about it anymore. I think that if we do win Löw will stay another 2 years but if we don't he is out. I also believe it will be the last WC for many of the golden generation boys like Schweini, Poldi, Lahm and Mertesacker.

I heard Belgium is supposed to have a pretty strong team? Did you guys hear anything about htem?

Last edited by wi-nter : 09-06-2014 at 06:54 PM. Reason: forgot sth

pain breeds wolves
joys give rise to moons

wi-nter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 09:35 PM   #1065
__T

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wi-nter View Post
Mertesacker.
BFG <3 <3

Belgium have a very good squad now, main players being Kompany & Hazard for them. Eden Hazard's been really good in England this year, probably the best player after Luis Suarez in the league. Belgium's "golden generation", so to say, are a lot of peoples dark horses for the tournament, I reckon they'll get to the quarter finals in the World Cup.

Old 10-06-2014, 10:26 PM   #1066
wi-nter

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Albert View Post
BFG <3 <3

Belgium have a very good squad now, main players being Kompany & Hazard for them. Eden Hazard's been really good in England this year, probably the best player after Luis Suarez in the league. Belgium's "golden generation", so to say, are a lot of peoples dark horses for the tournament, I reckon they'll get to the quarter finals in the World Cup.

hahahha I just recently learned about BFG in a newspaper article that featured an interview with Per. I have always loved him, always have even when he was with Bremen and I am so happy that he is doing so well at Arsenal and that the fans love him.

so I have heard. I am excited to see them play. I can't believe Kompany used to play for my team. Shocking.

who do you guys think will make it to the semi-finals?

pain breeds wolves
joys give rise to moons

Old 10-06-2014, 10:36 PM   #1067
__T

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wi-nter View Post
hahahha I just recently learned about BFG in a newspaper article that featured an interview with Per. I have always loved him, always have even when he was with Bremen and I am so happy that he is doing so well at Arsenal and that the fans love him.

so I have heard. I am excited to see them play. I can't believe Kompany used to play for my team. Shocking.

who do you guys think will make it to the semi-finals?
He's awesome! Brilliant player too, some Arsenal fans still under rate him by a lot. He's our best defender by some margin.

I'm going with Argentina, Spain, Brazil and Germany. With Argentina to win the tournament

Old 11-06-2014, 11:44 AM   #1068
wi-nter

I am currently:

^ I am so happy that he fought his way back into the NT squad and a starting positin. in 2010 he barely played. I missed him.

That's my four guesses for the semi-final too. Why Argentina? Any specific reasons

pain breeds wolves
joys give rise to moons

Old 11-06-2014, 01:16 PM   #1069
planemo

Belgium have a good side, better than the Netherlands in my opinion. Whether they can gel as a team we'll have to see.

You support Hamburg, wi-nter? i think Kompany used to play for them...

Uncle Albert, it looks like Wenger is staying, but is that a good or bad thing?

I honestly can't pick 4 teams. but i wouldn't be surprised if Uruguay end up in the semis.

Old 11-06-2014, 01:33 PM   #1070
__T

I am currently:

The Netherlands won't get out of the group. Chile are extremely good, and Spain's well... Spain. Argentina imo have by far and away the most potent attack in the tournament. Front 4 of Messi, Aguero, Higuain and Di Maria will tear anybody to shreds, and they've finally got a settled defence to go with it.

Dependent on if Wenger spends to be honest. The Arsenal need a world class striker, right back, and a defensive midfielder, or it's more of the same. Ideally, for the striker i'd go and get Cavani, suppose I can dream :P.

Watched Hamburg's relegation playoff 2nd leg. That was close!!!

Old 12-06-2014, 09:22 PM   #1071
Enthused
In a warm place

I am currently:

England won't make it out of the group. Hodgson will shoehorn Rooney and Welbeck in the team and it will be *****. Should be Sturridge up top with Ox and Sterling either side, Gerrard holding with Wilshire and Barkley ahead. Can't do anything about the defence because that's just **** anyway.

Enthused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2014, 11:39 AM   #1072
wi-nter

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by planemo View Post

You support Hamburg, wi-nter? i think Kompany used to play for them...

I honestly can't pick 4 teams. but i wouldn't be surprised if Uruguay end up in the semis.
Unfortunately yes. It's been a tough season and I am so ready for better times but we need a better organization within the club and then a team that can grow together and become better. it's so much work but I am positive

oh yeah Uruguay is always one to keep in mind. Cant wait to see them play.

Wow the game last night was intense. didnt think Croatia would look THAT good. but they did and the loss was definitely not fair. THat penalty was utter bullsh1t and everyone knows it. TOo bad Brazil won, they didn't deserve it at all. If they continue playing like that I don't see them winning the title. But so many good teams have a rocky start and then play well after the group stage.

pain breeds wolves
joys give rise to moons

Old 15-06-2014, 05:02 PM   #1073
wi-nter

I am currently:

so Uruguay??? hahah didn't see that coming. i have bets going on with friends and out of 20 people NO ONE said costa rica will win that match. so there you go.. super unexpected.

HOW GOOD WAS HOLLAND THOUGH????? oh my god what a great game.

ive seen really good games so far. watching switzerland - ecuador right now.

i am devestated that italy won last night :( ugh

pain breeds wolves
joys give rise to moons

Old 15-06-2014, 06:58 PM   #1074
Enthused
In a warm place

I am currently:

I do like Holland but I think Spain really flattered them in the second half. I have no idea why Rooney is still being picked to start, he has done nothing for England in a long time and he hasn't been great for the Mancs either. When Chamberlain is fit he surely has to start over Rooney? Even Lallana would be a better option. I was listening to Talksport earlier out of boredom and they were saying Rooney has to start because he has moments of genius...I just don't know. Not sure Hodgson has the balls to drop him.

Old 17-06-2014, 10:52 PM   #1075
wi-nter

I am currently:

^ I have no opinion on England yet because I didn't see their first match :/ hopefully I can catch it this week

WE WON (: i am so happy. the boys looked good, we did really well. I am confident we will get far in this tournament.

pain breeds wolves
joys give rise to moons

Old 18-06-2014, 10:10 PM   #1076
__T

I am currently:

Spain are out.

Old 22-06-2014, 01:44 PM   #1077
wi-nter

I am currently:

^ WHAT THE ACTUAL EFF THOUGH???????

i can't believe it. i am also super happy about spain being out due to obvious reasons.
germany tied yesterday :/ now i am nervous.

but isn't this world cup great so far? so many great matches and unexpteced results

pain breeds wolves
joys give rise to moons

Old 28-06-2014, 09:35 PM   #1078
__T

I am currently:

This just happened...

Last edited by __T : 28-06-2014 at 10:16 PM.
Old 29-06-2014, 02:02 AM   #1079
consequential

Savage goal! Been devastated that Spain went out so fast but it has been exciting enough so far. My predictions are, Germany, France, Argentina, Netherlands and I did say Brazil earlier today and they got through barely. I feel that a lot of the teams are being bettered by one or two stand out players. I actually don't and never liked Neymar but it seems Brazil depend on him for goal scoring opportunities. He was not playing well in the Barcelona team any time I caught a game and he comes across as a showboy which the club used as some kind of gimmick.
I need to watch closer but I am still trying to finish this degree so I only have half an eye on the games. Have to say that nobody mentioned Surez's incident and yeah, at first it was disgusting but it has elapsed into farce now and I don't think anybody takes it seriously anymore. Every single joke has been thrown out about it so there isn't much more to be added really.

It became like a sort of prison. Encased in a silver shell, words so full of bleeding need spilled like drops on dry leaves. And all the while laughter prevailed a long way from here. Nowhere land, nowhere time, nowhere space.

consequential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2014, 09:41 AM   #1080
Enthused
In a warm place

I am currently:

I actually like Neymar for some reason, why does he get so much hate? And I am disappointed Suarez did it for a third time but a lot of people's reactions have been over the top for me, I think instead of everyone vilifying him he should get serious help to deal with his issues instead if being thrown to the wolves, just my two cents as a Liverpool fan (which everyone says in the other thread makes me bias where as I think normal)

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)