RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 12-01-2021, 03:56 PM   #1
creneeh
creneeh

I am currently:
New to recovery, again.

Hello, I'm Renee and I'm 19. I've been struggling with an eating disorder for basically my entire life. It's been between restricting/basically starving myself to binge eating and purging.

I didn't start really start binge eating until the pandemic started, I guess it was a way to cope with all of the changes and how negatively it did affect me. Before the pandemic I did struggle with binging some, but it was mostly caused by restricting too much.

I've decided I have been struggling enough, I've had enough of constantly trying new diets and ways to fast, I don't want to deal with any of it anymore. I want to be happy, I want to feel okay, and the only way to get to that point is by recovering. I know it's not going to be perfect, it's going to be everywhere and sometimes I'm going to feel better than ever and then other times I'm going to feel lower than I ever have.

I've also tried various different types of forums and sites for talking about my recovery, but none of them really stuck out to me. I enjoy the look of this site, it seems a lot easier to navigate and hopefully I'll actually be able to talk to other people about their struggles and how they got through them too.

A little bit more about me that isn't ED related: I work part time as a cashier at TJ Maxx, I live in the south in the US, I'm married, and I have a male tabby cat named Milo. I plan on going back to school when I have enough money saved and I want to teach high school history and/or literature.

( creneeh / 19 / she+her )

creneeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2021, 01:37 PM   #2
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

Hi Renee, welcome to RYL. I'm sorry you've been having a hard time and I hope being here will be useful for you. Having a cat gives you extra points! We have a lot of cat people here. Take care.

I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

Don't try to calm the storm, calm yourself, the storm will pass.

You didn't come this far just to come this far.

one_step_closer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2021, 10:49 AM   #3
88shelz
be positive

I am currently:

Welcome to RYL

88shelz is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)