RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 03-11-2020, 02:31 PM   #21
[Luna]

I'm sorry you feel that way Yoyo, we would be friends with you!!

[Luna] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 06:44 PM   #22
Unbreakable.
We can try. We can always try.

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyogirl View Post
I feel Really left alone in this thread
You made two posts about not being bothered by lockdown in a thread for people struggling with lockdown.
What type of support can I offer you for not losing your mind over it like the rest of us?

the sun

the moon

the truth

Unbreakable. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 07:00 PM   #23
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Great idea for a thread Luna
How are you doing now?
How many more days do you have to be stuck indoors?

Lana I'm kind of in the same boat.
Lockdown won't make a *huge* difference to my life but it still does make a difference.
How are you feeling today?

Tamo not being able to hug your sister sounds difficult

I'm worried about not being able to see Jasmine.
I live alone so I think the support bubble thing still applies to me and I can still see her and my family but the rules never seem to stay the same for long

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 07:13 PM   #24
Auror.
Camden

i find the constantly changing rules really confusing too. i know it's not the same in the us but we hope you all manage as best you can. <3

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

You can't always keep it separate.
This is happening, this is part of you.

Auror. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 07:14 PM   #25
nonperson

I am currently:

Beckie, you can definitely still see Jasmine and bubble with your family as long as they're not bubbled with anyone else. The rules regarding support bubbles haven't changed and won't change and you're still allowed to travel to meet those in your bubble. Hope that helps.

nonperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 07:14 PM   #26
Unbreakable.

I am currently:

Luna- I'll PM you so we can find a day for a Skype!
I miss you too. It's been way too long.

Beckie, it's understandable you're worried about not seeing Jasmine depending on what new rules they will add within the next five minutes or so.
I do think that Boris' incompetence contributes to people struggling.

the sun

the moon

the truth

Old 03-11-2020, 07:22 PM   #27
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Thank you everyone <3
That's reassuring

Are the rules similar where you are Camden?

Boris certainly does not help the situation. What an utter moron

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 03-11-2020, 08:01 PM   #28
Auror.
Camden

unfortunately not. no lockdown here.

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

Old 03-11-2020, 08:28 PM   #29
Unbreakable.

I am currently:

That sounds equally scary.
Are things very bad where you are?
How are you getting on?

the sun

the moon

the truth

Old 03-11-2020, 09:33 PM   #30
Auror.
Camden

things are not good. too many humans are getting sick and dying. we emailed our strange new medical human and asked them to fix it. they do not seem to be able to fix it. we really need it to stop.

we cannot really go anywhere because of not being able to wear a mask. i go take care of the ponies and i go grocery shopping and otherwise we stay home. i am supposed to be doing in person things for school but cannot because of the mask thing. it is not going to change for next semester so very worried i am going to be kicked out of the program.

we wish there was a lockdown because then maybe there would be less humans getting sick and dying. all the election stuff is not helping. it is illogical to say that a human made intangible thing like the economy is more important than humans getting sick and dying which is a very real thing.

sorry. we get we have things way better since there is no lockdown and we are sorry for being ungrateful. tell me if you need me to delete.

Old 03-11-2020, 09:40 PM   #31
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

You're not being ungrateful at all Camden
It's perfectly reasonable to want a lockdown to get things under control.
It sounds like you're stuck in a really awful situation at the moment.
Have you contacted the human who is in charge of your program and asked them if there's anything else you can do instead? Or any allowances that could be made?

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 03-11-2020, 10:32 PM   #32
The Worst Witch

I am currently:

Still no official lockdown here either Camden so I sympathise. Its hard - I really struggled during the previous lockdown, but at least people were actually following the rules and not being complete and utter dicks luke they are now. I went to costa this morning by myself and there was a group of at least 15 middle aged women completely ignoring the rules, ended up getting them chucked out by the manager but they will have just gone somewhere else.

I also feel like the fine system is stupid. 4 students were fined £10,000 each for breaking the rules about houseparties, but that isn’t really a punishment becaise how many students can afford to pay that?! They should be given community service and a criminal record for breaking rules.

Nicola at least is seeming to make more sense than both Boris and Trump. We are at least glad of that.

The Worst Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 10:45 PM   #33
Unbreakable.

I am currently:

Camden, I promise you you're not sounding ungrateful at all.
Your struggles are valid and completely understandable. I do think that lockdown has to happen and that everything will be a struggle whatever happens. I 100% agree with you that I cannot understand how the economy seems to be more important to some than human lives.

You're situation sounds absolutely horrific and scary. Keep talking to us.
Is there any way uni stuff can be moved to online for you? It doesn't seem fair at all that you should have to worry about your degree on top of everything else.

Alison (correct me if I got your name wrong, worst witch, but I think it's Alison????), I also feel like people are getting worse about restrictions with every passing day. I went to the shop tonight and there seems to be an overlap between people who panic bought e.g. bottled water (like really, water????) and people not wearing a mask. I kind of wanted to scream tbh. If I catch the virus it's definitely gonna be at a shop, and I genuinely only go when I wouldn't be able to eat otherwise.
Also agree that Nicola seems a lot more level-headed and responsible than Boris. There is a lot of common sense and also empathy in what she says and does.

the sun

the moon

the truth

Old 03-11-2020, 11:18 PM   #34
The Worst Witch

I am currently:

It is Alison, yes :).

Shops aren’t so bad here, its pubs, restaurants and cafes. We’re a tourist town so a lot of them have had to put outsode seating areas on the literal road in order to stay open, and social distancing in places like Asda isn’t really a thing now. Sainsbury’s are still insisting that only one person per household shops and there are still arrows, so I tend to shop there even if it is only a small express store.

Going to the uni library is still allowed so that is keeping me sane. I’m worried about placement though, it’s not looking like we’re going to be out in practice this year and tutors haven’t really out things in place, just a vage “we’ll get everyone through it”. I don’t know how, becaise the SSSC (organisation that registers nursey teachers in Scotland) are still saying its necessary to do 60 days but none of the nurseroes are allowing students. Helpful.

Old 03-11-2020, 11:22 PM   #35
The Worst Witch

I am currently:

PS - yoyo, I would be friends with you. I just find it hard to know wjat to say to your posts, because a lot of them are statements of how you feel and although that is 100% ok if it helps you, I find it difficult to reply to posts that don’t have questions in them.

Old 04-11-2020, 01:27 AM   #36
Auror.
Camden

Alison that sounds really confusing and stressful.

Thank you all for being so kind about it. I hope the lockdown ends quickly but is helpful and people start following the rules soon. <3

For my degree, it's a research/thesis based degree. So there's no way to do research from home. I literally need to be in person in the lab. So there's not really an accommodation that can be made. My advisor is being really nice about me not having the ability to do anything this semester, but since my program is only 2 years, I need to be doing things in the lab next semester.

Old 08-11-2020, 04:41 PM   #37
yoyogirl

I am currently:

i have been on my own for too and when i did have friendships, it wasn't great i spent waiting in the pouring rain for someone to turn up only for them either not to turn up and leave me stranded or only stay for like ten minutes despite waiting longer for them. One of friends was so flipping selfish, she spent ages talking about how great her life was even when mine was heading down the drain and always ended up paying because had "forgotten" her bank card or only had a few pence cash.

Graham, although he's great to be around at times i am actually loving being without him as after a few hours of his company and his lack of conversation, I am already counting the minutes until my parents pick me up when previously i would of stayed for longer. His sense of humor is very child like still, that hasn't changed and neither has change in tv shows aimed at little kids. i am woman in my 30s ffs i don't want to be childrens tv or naff daytime ****. I would rather sit and do something worth while with my time and do my coursework.

Although at the moment, I have lost interest hobbies and interests at the moment with studying and since lockdown, i have had the energy to sit and watch tv, nice or film in ages as i am on tight deadlines and i don't want waste time.

I am more awake now than i have been a long time, less drowsy and fatigued, so I wanna make the most of it while again and whilst my brain is still firing all cylinders.

Have you ever confused a dream with life? Or stolen something when you have the cash? Have you ever been blue? Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it was the 60's. Or maybe I was just a girl... interrupted.
I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside. I tried groups, didn't work out just made my depression a lot worse.

yoyogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 04:43 PM   #38
yoyogirl

I am currently:

I have kmown you guys quite a long time, better than a lot of my friendships have lasted so I call all my best friends even if we are miles apart. i feel I have found my friendship family for life.

Have you ever confused a dream with life? Or stolen something when you have the cash? Have you ever been blue? Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it was the 60's. Or maybe I was just a girl... interrupted.
I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside. I tried groups, didn't work out just made my depression a lot worse.

yoyogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 05:48 PM   #39
Iamcatbug
Cat

Is it weird that I’m worried about my apathy to the lockdown?

Iamcatbug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 07:41 PM   #40
Moonlight Princess
Never forgetting to be awesome

I am currently:

I wouldn't say so Cat. It's a cliche but it's true, however
you feel is okay and this lockdown is going to make us feel all kinds of shizz. Do you know why you're worried about your apathy?

You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you wish to make.

Moonlight Princess is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)