- staying up until the early hours of today finishing a book - YA fiction is clearly where it’s at!
- talking to Finn
- loo updates from Lana
- feeling pleased with some work I did
- nice dinner with my parents
- winning at Codenames
Well, forgot to do this for a while! Let's see if I can do a fortnight's worth of positives with the help of my messages to Lio and others!
- children asking ridiculous questions
- surviving a super busy day!
- so much queer joy
- visiting a potential new place of employment and feeling so good about it
- absence meaning I got a free lunchtime without having to do extra work!
- getting to tell fun anecdotes about mathematicians
- being super proud of my partner for getting slated in the Daily Mail (means you're clearly doing something right if that happens!)
- Enjoying Taylor Swift a lot
- nice time with my parents
- outstanding vegan cuisine
- meeting a famous Twitter person for breakfast
- an important motion getting prioritised for annual conference at our union district meeting
- Finn sending a very witty text
- excellent nap
- enjoying watching Silent Witness
- talking to Lio!
- hanging out with C and also getting a hug from her!
- enjoying my trombone lesson even though I'd done almost no goddamn practice
- sending Lio some high quality parrot content
- Went to the tooth vet and it wasn't terrible at all!
- still being able to drink hot chocolate when half my mouth was numb
- more queer joy
- telling anyone who would listen how non-bad it was going to the tooth vet and that I was a brave brave girl
- a really lovely colleague listening to my work woes and being super validating and lovely
- hearing positive news
- chatting with a colleague I don't know super well
- giving out LGBT+ history month 2024 badges to my fellow members of the queer mafia :P
- the adrenaline rush of not having my printing finished two minutes before the scary reprographics lady arrived
- luckily finishing the printing before I was required to interact with the scary reprographics lady
- lovely colleague being lovely again
- my crying at work chart looking very pretty with all its stickers from this week
- coming home to a nice clean and tidy house because the cleaner had been!
- getting to tell my favourite #cancelled mathematicians anecdote
- dealing with a #trigger warning as well as I could and calming myself down and also receiving reassuring messages from the people I reached out to
- having the best time visiting my parents as my sister was also there
- sister using the expression "have to write a corporate narrative" and us three public sector workings just being like "uhhhhh..."
- watching Shetland
Phew. Maybe will try not to get this behind again :P
Recently (not attempting to do a day-by-day one!)
- enjoying conference
- talking to people at conference and not needing to follow K around to prevent being an awkward loner
- vegan waffles!
- making significant progress in my battle with my workplace
- Silent Witness
- excellent audiobook
Some great things there Jenna, glad the interview went well. I'm intrigued by your tiramisu-based crisis.
Some things from me recently:
- Managed to get out and run to continue training for the London Marathon in April. Finished fourth in a really challenging, muddy, slippery race and beat my nemesis (all good fun, not serious) by about a minute
- Tolerated a little bit of uncertainty and R said she would talk to me on the phone soon
- Interviewed on TV, everyone said I articulated myself well and did a good job.
Last edited by Salazar : 19-02-2024 at 09:08 AM.
It goes to show, that no matter how bad things get for me, there is still always one thing which brings me happiness. I must cling to this for it is the making of me, the beginning of my resurgance and the fightback epitomised. I will defeat my demons.
An ode to joy
A road to love
A note to keep your head above
The rising tide's not yet a flood on this shore
I'm trying this because I felt I need to acknowledge the positives I have and will have these coming weeks
1. After a tough appointment I had a proper long pamper bath by candlelight with a nice strong lavender smell, it's part of a gift set my mum bought me for my birthday last week which is special because it's thoughtful. I also had bath salts and fancy bubble bath. I was in their over an hour my dog keeping me company snoring by the radiator and the second grateful thing:
2. The audiobook I've been listening to and last hour of in the bath had a really lovely ending and that made me feel happy and even more relaxed.
3. Took my dog for a walk in the dark and the sky was clear with lots of stars he was a good boy and we.had the roads to ourselves not another person in sight. So peaceful and I chatted away to him and we were just with each other rather than me ranting away in my head that's been the case recently.
So despite a horrendous start self care and gratitude won
"It is not the strength of the body that counts, but the strength of the spirit"
Oh well done on the epic self care! So glad you were able to find/create those positives on a tricky day.
- very enjoyable snoozing
- making my study look less like a warzone
- hopefully being helpful/supportive to some colleagues who I met up with to discuss their difficulties
- Silent witness
- ordering lots of exciting books!
- bashing out lots of things on the old to do list
- swearing in French in front of my mother and she didn't notice *takes a victory lap*
- my mum liking her birthday present
- not being defeated by a killer sudoku which rather tried to defeat me
- starting a new TV show (Broadchurch)