View Single Post
Old 13-06-2020, 02:25 AM   #2
Unbreakable.
We can try. We can always try.

I am currently:

<3

First of all, a MILLION hero points for you for scheduling that appointment.
That is really brave and I am super proud of you.

Maybe you can put a little twist to the whole needing to justify the appointment conundrum: the very fact that you feel the need to justify a medical appointment is the very reason why you need it in the first place.
Feeling like help might not be needed is a symptom of the illness. It's one more reason why you should do it. Your illness is trying to make you believe that you are not unwell so that you continue.
I would claim to know you well enough to know that you are not someone who overreacts or worries without cause. Your brain is trying to trick you. Not only are you allowed to get better, chances are that you urgently need to improve your health in order to not suffer from permanent damage or even die.
Your weight is irrelevant for how damaging your disorder is.

I think you absolutely need to mention all of your symptoms. The doctor needs a full picture to see how bad things are and what type of treatment you might need.

Do you think it would be beneficial to let your family know how you are doing or do you prefer to keep it from them for now?

You've lived through fifteen years of this.
And that is more than long enough. It is one more reason why you urgently should get help. It is not just okay to ask for help, it is very much necessary.
There is no "too old" when it comes to being ill and struggling with that. Your age is like your weight - another irrelevant number that does not affect that you need and deserve help.

If services are no good and you would still like some support- are there any ED charities in your area that you could check out?

I am really glad you made this thread.
I am really glad you scheduled that appointment.

Love you loads <3

the sun

the moon

the truth

Unbreakable. is offline   Reply With Quote