Ugh...I hated CAMHS - they had no privacy policy, wrote letters about me to others, told the police things about me, had two people in the room all the time because I never just saw the shrink on his own, my shrink was totally useless anyway and showed no sympathy, had family therapy which always ended in an argument, they didn't even tell me what my diagnosis was...I had to find that out from a letter they'd sent to my parents. Basically, they were ****
I phoned NHS direct a few months ago, saying that I think I need treatment because my cutting had gone worse. The woman on the phone was like: "oh, you can go back to CAMHS despite the fact that you're 18 now". I was like "noooooooo...never!"
I never wanna go back with CAMHS. If I'm ever in treatment again, I'm only using the adult services, nevermind how bad everyone says they are. At least I might get some confidentiality with them...
|