Originally Posted by
blondiebear
I'm someone who self-injures. I am also an alcoholic in recovery. I have found that the two are very related. When I feel very bad I want either or both, and to escape from the same emotional things.
Walk or do other kinds of exercise. Write in a journal. Talk to someone about your emotions. Think not just about what you are feeling, but also why? Ask yourself if you can get through the feelings without SI or drinking. Sometimes it is possible to just wait it out.
When I'm out where drinking is going on, i sip fizzy drinks/soda pop to i don't feel deprived or anything. I just say that i'm a soda pop kinda person.
You might look at the Alcoholics Anonymous web site, to see if you identify with anything there. I'm not saying you are an alcoholic, just that they might have something that would help.
You can always come here and talk to us! I have problems with SI and am an alcoholic so I understand, and my PM box is always open.