Thread: TWLOHA&RYL
View Single Post
Old 28-06-2008, 11:39 PM   #56
Isoverity
 
Isoverity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey of doom View Post
wow.. i cant believe this has caused such a stir

i personally dont have a problem with it being religious
religion has helped a friend of mine
however, i dont think i pushs religion
if it is just a base, then so be it

i am in full support of TWLOHA
Certain topics like religion always quickly bring out a cadre of vexatious sorts who will get tense over a simple Merry Christmas.

Personally I am not much for TWOLA because they have a morbid dark-arty emotional involvement that could cause people to be attracted to things like SI and morbid moods. I don't find TWOLA to be religious as much as religious-ish in some shiny-goth sort of way. It takes a lot of emotional elements and tries to make some uplifting sort of brew that I dont think does much help in the long run even if it doesn't do much harm. I wouldn't want my child in it (or most groups for that matter) but I would guess a lot of the people drawn to the group are nicer than a lot of other groups (as I have experienced them). That doesn't mean I would like the people running this though. Its got too much marketing to be that spontaneous.

Isoverity is offline