This is a difficult one..
I've worked since i was 15 years old, i've never gone without having a job - until now.
I've been "unemployed" since November. I actually left my last long term job, for a new supervisor position at a new shop which was opening up quite close to me. Within 3 weeks, they "let me go" because they felt i wasn't "suitable" for the job. This was because of my depression - which was mentioned in both my application form, and was explained during the interview. I've since recieved money from the company for unfair dismissal.
Despite suffering from agrophobia (not being able to leave the house), i do find myself somedays very frustrated, like others have said - it's about the structure/routine when you have a job, i currently don't have that.
I am "unfit" to work, and having discussed things with the doctor not so long ago, he said he felt, right now, work would be completely unrealistic for me. This is because of my current depression and my anxiety.
Serving one customer - that's fine. But if there's more than one in a queue - i will have a severe panic attack.
I know when i'm ready i'll go back to work, but i know despite really wanting a job - it wouldn't be realistic for me right now.
For others who have depression, as i have a few friends with depression, they are fine to work. I think it all depends on the individual circumstances/situations.
|