View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 03:14 PM   #6
Queen Crabbit
Are you a florist?
 
Queen Crabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly Fairy View Post
I drive a Ford KA because it's small, easy to park, and cheap to run. When I was looking round, I found that Peugeots tended to be more expensive to insure as they are classed as 'sporty' by some companies and therefore higher risk. Corsas are good though :)
From the saftey point of view, KAs are rubbish. The slighest impact and it'll be written off. There's nothing inbetween the two door pannels and basically, it's a pile of junk! I refuse to get in them. I know it's old and boring, but especailly when you're learning, you really need a safe car - you could be the best driver in the world but you won't have the experience of what to do when you skid, or if someone comes over the lines towards you, or pulls out in front of you - those things can only be learnt over time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by privileged-outcast View Post
toyota yaris (y) i share with my sibling though.

but something small and cheap. i wouldn't buy something new-ish becuiase if it gets bumps etc you'll be devastated. and yeah *thats all the advice she has*

also, Peugeot 206 ... clutch isn't too trustworthy ;)

I had a Yaris for my first car, and, no exaggeration, it saved my life. March last year I was driving round country roads to go to my piano lesson, when a drunk driver in a van came round the bend and didn't turn. Wrote off a two year old yaris, but that car saved my life. If i'd've been in a KA or an older car I would have had two broken legs MINIMUM.

Get the newest car you can afford. If you have to pay for it, talk to your parents and see if they can match what you save up, or half of what you save up. If your parents are buying it, get a job and get some more money for a better car. Okay, it is unlikely that you'll have a crash, but better safe than dead.




&& then buffy staked edward. the end.


Queen Crabbit is offline   Reply With Quote