Got heat sick yesterday but it was worth it. I can get heat sick when it is only 80F. I think it was because we didn't have enough water. This morning when we fuel the SUV I'll go into the convenience store and get a couple of bottles. I have an off and on tooth ache. My husband was good enough to look at the tooth and can't see any sign of a cavity.
We saw some great Indian ruins at a National Park called Chaco Canyon. We got to see how part of the dig went and how they support the centuries old walls as they uncover them. There are circular Kivas which are their version of churches. What was most amazing were the stair cases cut into the cliffs of the canyon. The lower parts have weathered away but the upper parts, 30 feet wide and incredibly steep. I don't mind heights or stairs, never have. If I'd had to walk there though, yipes.
We also met a nice couple who live in one of the biggest cities here in New Mexico. They told us lots of interesting ruins to visit! Ruins on the west side of the mountains, then my husband tells me that the ghost towns are on the east side of them.
The countryside around the canyon was more gentle than in other places we'd been.
I found some caffeine gum yesterday. It is made by the same people that make Jolt cola which advertises itself as all of the sugar and twice the caffeine. I got four packs of the gum and then tucked them into the food box. I still have part of a pack in my purse.
Today won't be a hard day I think and Wednesday will be a serious sleep in day cause my husband has to be on line between 9 and 10 in the morning to sign up for the payroll of the company that bought out the company he was working for. My husband says we'll spend two nights in Santa Fe and then the day between them he wants to go to museums and galleries.
I'm going back to bed for a bit and sip my second diet pepsi.
|