View Single Post
Old 17-06-2007, 02:57 AM   #1
chickdrummer13
 
chickdrummer13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Missouri, USA
I am currently:
Borderline Personality Disorder

I know there are a few posts on here about BPD, but I didn't find any of them to be what I needed. I haven't been diagnosed, but I think/feel like I have BPD. Reading over the criteria and just feeling like it's not just depression, I feel like it's BPD. A site I found online said that at least 5 of the following symptoms must be present in order to diagnose BPD (* is it applies to me and *! is it REALLY applies to me):
  • *Intense fears of abandonment*
  • *!A pattern of unstable relationships!*
  • *!Unstable self-image!*
  • Impulsive and self-destructive behaviors
  • *!Suicidal behavior or self-injury!* (both for me)
  • *!Wide mood swings!*
  • *Chronic feelings of emptiness*
  • *Inappropriate anger*
  • Periods of paranoia and loss of contact with reality
Like I said, I haven't been diagnosed with BPD but rather severe depression. I've been hospitalized twice when I was suicidal. I've been cutting for 4 years (but I'm 160 days clean so far). I am on a constant emotional rollercoaster. I'll be ready to slit my wrists in the bath tub and then an hour later I'll be fine. (not happy but fine) I go off on my parents (and others) for no reason. I have terrible friendships for the most part. I just can't help but feel like this is an exact description of me. Is it just me or do you think it's a possibility?

chickdrummer13 is offline   Reply With Quote