View Single Post
Old 08-05-2008, 01:33 PM   #7
White Noise
 
White Noise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007

Hi, I'm currently in my first year of uni, and, I can understand the worry. I'd suggest getting in contact with the university counseling services when you arrive, the services at universities are generally good. The main things is to balance your time, make sure you have a few clubs and societies you're involved in since this is a great way to be around other people, and, after a while, you start to form good friendships. It'll take some time before you are particularly close to anyone, and this is probably one of the difficulties, especially when you're going from somewhere where you had close friends to being around people you've only just met. Given time though, you will find yourself having many people to talk to and this definitely eases some of the stress.

You only need spend a little bit of time each day studying in order to keep on top of it, just make sure you don't spend the whole time in your room and go outside and talk to people. The least healthy thing you can do at uni is to try and study 100% of the time, since you just end up doing nothing.

Uni is a brilliant time to make a fresh start, and you may well find that many of the things which trigger you aren't present at uni, making things easier. As for worrying if you'll get in or not, I did the same thing, it wrecked my summer, when I should have been having a good time. It's not worth worrying about your results until results day. Easier said than done, but chances are that if you've got this far, you are on target to get into your chosen place. If you don't get the results you needed, phone the uni, they may well still take you on.

White Noise is offline   Reply With Quote