View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 12:24 AM   #660
healingraine
Psalm 34
 
healingraine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: deep in the heart of Texas
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentgirl View Post
I dont know what i want from typing this, maybe i am just venting i am not sure.
On my main msn (not the one i keep for ryl pplz, my other one); i have a christian screen name along the lines of "How Great Is Our God" which is a line from a song that has been sung at church that i enjoy.
Last night when i came online to talk to my tutor whos christian as ive said before here, a girl said hi to me. She kept asking me if i was a christian and then she added some friends into the conversation and i am telling you now, that this was just some random. She started swearing and saying that "swearing a sin" i know it is but all i said was one small swearword and then she said "if ur in love with god so much, y dont u f him?" then she added her friends and they kept swearing and stuff and asked me obsurd (sp?) questions. eg "have i ever had sex" "that im fd in the head if i believe in sex before marriage". They told me that i should go die if i want to be with god so much. Like wtf? It made me angry and depressed; cos even tho i am struggling so much at the moment, i do truly love god!

Can i have maybe a prayer request? Please pray for the difficulties in my life and for all of the stuff that gets thrown at me mentally cos i am a christian?

I feel just lost at the moment. My tutor whos christian, he says that i can talk to him about anything big or small, self harm wise or non self harm, but if i message his phone and ask if he could come online to talk and when he does, i just feel locked up and that i cannot express to him how i am feeling, whats going on in my head etc etc.. I just feel scared all of a sudden.....

I spoke to my KHL counsellor last night, that was hard. I didnt cry but i felt like it. Ive been avoiding my counsellors. So it meant something that i was able to talk to him last night on the phone for 45 minutes.

I am sorry that this is just so long.

love to all

silentgirl
I don't mean to simply throw a scripture at you, but i hope you take comfort from this. "Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you." --Matthew 5:11,12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissRed View Post
Honestly, I don't know if this would belong here, and if it doesn't, then please, please point me in the correct direction. I am a relatively new Christian, my coming-into-cutting having shaken any past beliefs away and keeping them at bay until this past November. Anyway, since I started going to the Baptist Church I now attend, I've come into contact with some amazing girls that go to my school, this contact created by our all-girl accountability group. There we talk about self-injury, struggles with faith, stress, and other things, but it also opened my eyes to the struggles of others. Since then, I have spoken to my youth minister, whose wife leads our accountability group, and I suggested a help group held at the church for self-injurers from all surrounding areas. =] I am proud of myself for having thought of a way to benefit others as well as myself. Might I request some prayers for the hasty beginning and steady running of this group? Please and thank you, loves.
That's amazing. I'll be praying for you.



SI free solely by the grace of God!
August 2, 2007


healingraine is offline   Reply With Quote