View Single Post
Old 06-04-2008, 03:33 PM   #38
Harley's Dad
 
Join Date: Jan 2005

What can I add, except to say that much depends upon whether you're a town mouse or a country mouse. There's still something for everyone, either way.

If you incline to the city and shopping (what's with women and shopping - won't they ever actually have enough of whatever it is they're looking for, which I don't understand in the first place!) then of course go to London. The service and the quality are surely as good as you'll find anywhere - and you'll be ripped off just as well as anywhere too ...

But, if you happen to go for the rural scene then, despite the fact that we're overpopulated and overcrowded, there are thousands of rural idylls still to be enjoyed, from Yorkshire to Cornwall, and from Scotland to Wales. You may have to get quite close to them to appreciate them, but the Brit countryside has been nurtured and developed by many generations of farmers and landowners whose care was not necessarily for the fast buck.

I do hope you enjoy your trip - and why not let us know in due course just where you went and how you found it?

Tony (inclining to the rural mode - but I won't insist on that for everyone).




Never surrender.


Harley's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote