View Single Post
Old 25-03-2008, 02:22 AM   #8
troubled_sorrowz
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Glasgow
I am currently:

I highly doubt this will work. It's not seeing packs of cigarettes in the shops that make youths want to smoke, its peer pressure. As for adults, we enjoy it/we are addicted - we know the dangers, but let's face it.... people aren't cancelling their holidays to the carribean even though they know that sun gives them cancer so I dont see why we should give up smoking. Ok so a smoker is more likely to get cancer from smoking than the sun im just trying to show that we all do stuff even though we know it's dangerous for us. My papa died of cancer and he was a very healthy man, kept fit, ate well and never touched a cig in his life! I dont see how "undercounter" sales, upped pricing, health warnings etc are going to work because like Auorora said, drugs are illegal, damaging and expensive but there are still millions of people all over the world who take them. I totally agree with all the bans of no smoking in public places as even I dont like smoke filled rooms and Ive smoked for 7 years. I think the government should spend more time and effort on more serious issues because I know many people smoke because they want to and nothing the government can say or do to make them want to stop.

*end ofrant* :P



"Don't do anything by half. If u love someone, love them with all ur soul. When u go to work, work ur ass off. When u hate someone, hate them until it hurts." - The Legend that is Henry Rollins

"... and I need you now somehow, and I need you now somehow ... on my knees for you... in my head the flesh seems thicker..."

Voice of Reason for: I-used-to-be-positive, Sisters: Hollz and Fading Star, RYL Adopted Daughter: bright red scream


troubled_sorrowz is offline   Reply With Quote