Thread: Bits and bobs
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2008, 11:21 AM   #4
liquidzilla
 
liquidzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: england
I am currently:

Story #3

I sat behind the elm, shadows surrounding me in a sea of grass. Watching them from the hillside. The girls and boys in the playground; where I should be. I saw them laughing and smiling and I felt their joy and hurt as they played and ran.
One boy occupied my interest. Younger than me and smaller and weaker, yet somehow I felt less than he. I wished to be him, even as others pushed him and teased him and he cried. Maybe it was because it would let me feel a little more human.
Sometimes I wished to run to his side when he cried, others I wanted to join the boys bullying him. I fought both sides of the battle in my mind, losing and winning as it happened below me. Never once did I cry like he, never once did I laugh like them. I felt divided; one of me then an army's worth.
Then one day I didn't see the boy, only the others wondering. I looked and looked, day after day and still I never caught a glimpse. It was as if a stage of my life had ended and with out him I was no longer restrained. I ran down the hillside, the wind in my hair and the sun on my skin. Without that boy below me I was myself again. I was filled with a feeling of relief and yet sadness at no longer 'being' him. I laughed and cried as the others had done. However, I often wondered what became of that boy, 'myself' in a way. He was gone now and I should think no more on it.


Last edited by liquidzilla : 02-03-2008 at 05:02 PM.


Take a step,
Take a beat,
Look back at yourself,
See what you have and what you'll never be.

Judge but don't be judged,
Live and don't be scared,
Look outside yourself,
See what you can never be.

liquidzilla is offline   Reply With Quote