|
slowly finding my way....
Join Date: Oct 2007
I am currently: 
|
Chapter 2: Morix
Korin, sixteen now, had been left in the care of the other woman and Xorxa. She sat in the garden, plying through a few books on the history of the Yunai, her tribe of humans that she descended from them. She was to become the guardian the next day, her seventeenth birthday. A light wind blew, kicking up the skirts of her dress, which was a sapphire blue, set with a silver chord. She indeed looked like an angel.
The wind stopped, ominously. Korin looked up. Standing atop one of the fence posts was a tall yet pale demon, with fierce red eyes looking down at her. He had a black cloak wrapped about him, his unkempt black hair had fallen into his face, with his black ears a slightly lighter black than his hair. Korin smiled.
“Morix.” Korin got up, letting her books fall to the ground, and ran to the demon. Morix leapt down, touching down effortlessly. He held out his arms, and taking the girl in his arms.
“It has been three years, love. I have missed you,” said Korin, burying her head in his shoulder. She had never told him that it was she that destroyed his family. Morix came and visited many times, but had to leave on a three-year journey. All he knew about his Korin was that she was a half vampire, and that she was his mate. He didn’t want to know anything else about her.
“I know, Angel.” He wrapped them both in his cloak, holding her close. He had not the nerve to kill her the time he found her after she had saved his life. He loved her ever since. He knew she was an assassin, but this would be the last time he will ever see her.
Ruka was overseeing the whole thing, from atop the roof. Ruka was not pleased that her disciple had changed since she was changing without her influence.
Korin looked up at Morix. “I have missed you, love, very much. But you know that the ceremony is-“
“-tomorrow,” finished Morix, with disgust. He looked into her green eyes, searching them for denial. “Come away with me, Angel, to escape this wretched fate.”
“No I cannot. I have to fulfill my mother’s position. You know that. I will belong to the Goddess then,” said Korin sadly.
“You are mine, Korin. You have been mine since I mated you three years ago.”
Korin blushed in the memory. “Yes. I know. But you know what must come.”
Morix held her tightly again, and pressed his lips against hers passionately, and then pulled back to look at her again.
“No matter, you are still an angel in my eyes. Not a damn guardian of humans.”
“These humans are my people, love,” countered Korin.
Morix chuckled. “Yes, yes. I know.”
Ruka intervened. “Korin, you have failed me here and now.”
Korin’s eyes hardened. “Master…”
Ruka looked beyond the young half vampire. “You are no student of mine unless you cast him aside, and promise me never to talk to him again. You must kill him next time you see him, no less.”
Korin knew her master meant to kill Morix if she refused. Korin moved away from Morix, and looked him in the eye, her eyes hardening. “Morix, I renounce you. I renounce your love, for I am an assassin. Assassins need no one; trust no one; and have no one—not even one’s own self. BEGONE, DEMON!”
Morix, confused and hurt, vanished upon her command, because her magic forced him out of her villa garden. Ruka smiled, and faded away into the darkness. Korin, once her master was gone, collapsed to the ground, crying in silent sobs.
|