Thread: Tone.
View Single Post
Old 15-02-2008, 12:32 PM   #9
Feel_Good_inc.
I am a leaf on the wind; watch how I soar
 
Feel_Good_inc.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Somewhere, but I'm not really sure
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
"as communication via the internet grows it will be interesting to see how our communications skills will evolve with it."

20 years into the internet I am still holding out no hope whatsoever looking at L33t and Txt speak :P


Harley
with the new predictive text, text speak (Gr8) is very quickly dying out. it's the new speak that's rising up on places like MSN (LOL, LOOT, ROFL, OMG) that worries me. I actually know someone who say's LOL and ROFL as if they were real words. it doesn't give me great hope. an entire generation of kids learning their language like that. we can only hope for the best and try and stamp it out.



Don't be fooled by my smooth skin. The deepest scars are the ones unseen.
Remember compliments you received, forget the insults. If you succeed in doing this, tell me how..~ Baz Lurhman.
Letting it get to you - You know what that's called? Being alive. Best thing there is. Being alive right now that's all that counts. ~ Doctor Who "The Doctors Wife"
06.November.2011



Feel_Good_inc. is offline   Reply With Quote